Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

TV Thread

4 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

Those are the only numbers he has posted.

Yes, he only covers local tv.

Compared to what the Cowboys draw, they are small.  However, it was Thursday’s most watched program.  

www.unclebarky.com

Very cool that we outdrew UT 

Wife and I were at Honolulu Country Club the Friday after the Stanford victory.  I was wearing a TCU polo shirt and my wife was wearing a purple Honolulu Country Club polo shirt.  A nice Hawaii born Japanese ancestry guy asked if we were both TCU graduates.  Said the game against Stanford was incredible.  Had a lot of good things to say about TCU.  TCU is known by everyone. Even on a little island in the Pacific Ocean. 

1 minute ago, PurpleDawg said:

Anyone else think Rollo's French fighters will...

Hide contents

double cross Ivar and kill his army? I'm betting Lagertha also wins this next battle, especially now that the Bishop has pledged himself to her.

My biggest concern is with the Hirst daughters. Kill them off and then keep them dead. Don't revive them in the Mediterranean as servant girls, and stop passing them around from brother to brother.

18 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Anyone else think Rollo's French fighters will...

Reveal hidden contents

I'm really disappointed with this season.  Ivar the Boneless should be much more interesting.  Plus, the Bishop's dialogue just seems flat our ridiculous.  Ugh, I was hoping that Vikings would get better.  

17 minutes ago, HFrog1999 said:

the Bishop's dialogue just seems flat our ridiculous. 

JRM is a big disappointment. He's a much better actor than they're giving him dialog to work with. Did you ever watch the HBO series "The Tudors" in which he played Henry VIII? It was very good, if not at all historically correct, and JRM was an awesome Henry. You boys would love it because there was lots of Natalie Dormer (Queen Marjorie from GoT) nudity.

45 minutes ago, HFrog1999 said:

I'm really disappointed with this season.  Ivar the Boneless should be much more interesting.  Plus, the Bishop's dialogue just seems flat our ridiculous.  Ugh, I was hoping that Vikings would get better.  

I have put the next half of this season on probation and just assume that next week's midseason finale will suck like the rest of this season has.  If the next half is as bad as this half has been, I will either stop watching completely as I did with The Walking Dead or I will "hate-watch" like I did with season 2 of True Detective

The choice is dependent on how vested I still am at the remaining characters (Largetha must die!) and what other options there are on television at the time.

6 hours ago, Feeling Froggy said:

The choice is dependent on how vested I still am at the remaining characters (Largetha must die!) and what other options there are on television at the time

Why you want Lagertha to die? She and Bjorn are the only likable ones anymore. Well, maybe Floki, too, but he's getting too Zen now.

1 minute ago, PurpleDawg said:

Why you want Lagertha to die? She and Bjorn are the only likable ones anymore. Well, maybe Floki, too, but he's getting too Zen now.

I can't stand her anymore. The character has become as shallow as Ivar. The only one that I have found to be likable this season is Rollo. Because he hasn't been on the screen to suffer the wrath of Hirst's writing.

6 hours ago, Feeling Froggy said:

I can't stand her anymore. The character has become as shallow as Ivar. The only one that I have found to be likable this season is Rollo. Because he hasn't been on the screen to suffer the wrath of Hirst's writing.

I can see that about her. She does appear sometimes to just want to hang on to her crown, rather than have a more altruistic reason for taking her people into war. I love her because she's one of the few originals left on the show and also for her connection to Ragnar. Plus, she's a badass, intelligent woman who has to stay one step ahead of all the conniving, slimy, lecherous men around her. But, yeah, Hirst's writing sucks for her and most of the other cast.

(I miss Rollo. Was excited when the Frankia troops were mentioned because I thought we'd see him. Alas, no.)