Sign in to follow this  
Rothbardian

LSU Tigers vs TCU is second highest priced ticket in 2013

Precisely why I probably won't make it.

Same here - and I live in Arlington.  Had to make some choices, and LSU didn't make the cut.  I'll be just fine at home, where the view is better, the beer is cheaper, and there's 2 bathrooms/no line.  The downside is my daughter may learn some new words, to my wife's chagrin.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just paid $506 for two tickets to LSU vs TCU.  

I hope the check clears.

I only paid $200 for my Rose Bowl ticket, and that was with a small premium for an upgraded seat. No way would I go triple digits to sit in Jerry's place, even to see the Frogs

I only paid $200 for my Rose Bowl ticket, and that was with a small premium for an upgraded seat. No way would I go triple digits to sit in Jerry's place, even to see the Frogs

Not for a regular season game, anyway.  I'd gladly shell out $200 a ticket to see TCU/LSU in the sugar or a bcs bowl at jerryworld.

For $500 you can buy a nice tv and watch the entire college football season on HD...

Not for a regular season game, anyway.  I'd gladly shell out $200 a ticket to see TCU/LSU in the sugar or a bcs bowl at jerryworld.

Oh yeah, no question

I wouldnt miss this game for the world. The view on TV might be better, but the atmosphere at your house will be nowhere what it is inside the stadium.

Even if you go, being at Jerry World, you'll still probably end up watching it on TV. Just a very big TV.

I wouldnt miss this game for the world. The view on TV might be better, but the atmosphere at your house will be nowhere what it is inside the stadium.

I wont have to deal with a single LSU fan either.

The atmosphere is sterile capitalism. If TCU wins, though, I will be sorry that I didn't get to see it live.

The Cotton Bowl was an amazing atmosphere. TCU BYU was pretty meh (might have been all the white spares and the terrorism I funded). Cowboy games are in between.

The Cotton Bowl was an amazing atmosphere. TCU BYU was pretty meh (might have been all the white spares and the terrorism I funded). Cowboy games are in between.

The only one I've been to is the TCU-OSU Cowboy Classic. It was nice to be indoors on a hot weekend, but for me it lacked the magic of a college atmosphere. We were around TCU students who apparently enjoyed the novelty of buying $8 beers inside a stadium an awful lot and behaved horribly. Frankly, it takes a lot to offend me at a football game, but these fools made me cringe beyond belief. We weren't anywhere near the student section, but they were oblivious to the idea that maybe they shouldn't be constantly shooting the bird and screaming the F word when surrounded by children.

I was really glad I got to go because I don't get to go to many games. The big screen is a distraction, but honestly I like being able to see the action up close. TCU getting back to the Cotton Bowl is a long time dream of mine. That happens and I will be there with bells on...

Are there strippers and blow at Cowboy's stadium? Err, I mean your right...

I finally got my seat assignment. I'm in section 415. My mom wants to know if there are escalators/elevators to get to the seats.

She's already told me that she probably won't be able to go to most of the games at TCU this year because the seats are like 3 rows from the top of the upper deck. She'll be having knee replacement as soon as she decides to schedule it.