Sign in to follow this  
SuperToad

Patterson comments on Briles/Dixon

Considering what happened, Pattersons' comments were somewhat measured. I'm glad we have a coach who tells it like it is and is unafraid to call out wrong doing.....this kind of thuggery is bad for college football and needs to be controlled.

Exactly. Methinks there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes in recruiting, etc that fires Gary up about the way Briles runs a program. I don't have an issue at all with the rant - it actually fired me up for next season. We've all been saying Dixon is a classless thug for years, he should have been kicked out in the OU game, suspended for his battery misdemeanor, but Briles let's these things go...just like Josh Gordon passing out in the Taco Bell drive through.

Briles didn't do a thing to this kid who I think has had 4-5 targeting penalties, but only 1 ejection.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think Briles should be expected to punish a kid for blown calls by the refs.

Patterson does not have the best constructed sentences in the world, he also speaks in code without saying proper names and infers a lot of what he is feeling.  I'm not even sure what he said yesterday and I watched that thing 3 times... 

I must admit that I said "Do what?" to the youtube clip about three times myself. 

Coach needs to watch the Sweet Brown video. That's how you give an eyewitness account. It is amazing how good some people are at that on the news. They may look homeless, but they can tell you exactly what happened. 

Minority opinion for sure among those who root for the purple, but to me this is once again an example of CGP's poor post-game poise.

I wish GP did more of this after wins and less of this after losses. I agree with what GP said, but it always gets portrayed as sour grapes whenever you complain after a loss.

Caught on TV: When Baylor's cheap-shot artist was leaving the field after the ejection, he was blowing kisses to the stands ... Real classy.

I don't blame CGP for being pissed; I certainly was. I am also embarrassed for the Baylor program becoming low-rent thugs.

We watched fans run over to high five him at the tunnel. Oh the shame associated with a targeting penalty! :ph34r:

I must admit that I said "Do what?" to the youtube clip about three times myself.

Coach needs to watch the Sweet Brown video. That's how you give an eyewitness account. It is amazing how good some people are at that on the news. They may look homeless, but they can tell you exactly what happened.

"Dixon lowered his head and it was like 'Ka-POO-yah!' "

I don't know, man...

Caught on TV: When Baylor's cheap-shot artist was leaving the field after the ejection, he was blowing kisses to the stands ... Real classy.

I don't blame CGP for being pissed; I certainly was. I am also embarrassed for the Baylor program becoming low-rent thugs.

Caught in person....right down in front of me:    Baylor staff and multiple players yukking it up and fist bumping with Dixon afterwards.

Caught in person....right down in front of me:    Baylor staff and multiple players yukking it up and fist bumping with Dixon afterwards.

Sounds like the Baylor and Tech fans would make for a good rivalry for each other.  I would like to elevate us to the UT/OU crowd higher up the standings (at least most years)

He needs to attend Mike Gundy's school of communication...

Personally, I sort of assume that the Big 12 has an abundance of lower character players and coaches. I understand why Coach would not be fine with it, but I also question whether anyone cares. People care about TDs, hard hits, and wins. 

Football is not transparent. It is a hidden world. I think a lot of people like it that way. 

There are a lot of unsavory things about college football. It can and does chew up and spit out a lot of young lives for the sake of ad revenue.

But speaking for myself, I couldn't be a fan of a team if I didn't truly believe that its players are better off for having played there. There are a lot of programs where that isn't true, but I've never had any doubt about Gary Patterson and TCU.

I've watched the Frogs slow climb to greatness for 14 years, and I went to Pasadena, and as proud as I was on that glorious day, I've never been prouder to be a TCU fan than the day of Coach P's press conference after Casey's DWI. He said that there were more important things than wins and losses. He said it was supposed to be about the kids. And his actions backed up his words.

And in case you didn't notice, it was announced that every single one of the seniors introduced at the Senior Day ceremonies yesterday either has earned or will earn a degree by the end of this year.

There are other great coaches out there that do it right. Bill Snyder comes to mind. But our guy has built a program that you can be a fan of without having to compromise your principles. Baylor can deal with that compromise. We don't have to.

Go Frogs.

I agree with you about TCU. My point is that TCU is now competing directly with programs and people who don't care about the same values and will push the envelope. I would like to give everybody the benefit of the doubt, but I do not think it is a level playing field. 

Some of the schools will let in non college level students and rationalize it. Some of the schools will keep athletes after they flout the law. The allegations of financial corruption are out there and not much happens with it, does it?

Now the BTCF schools want a separate division so they can police all this better than the NCAA. What a load of bull. 

There is a conflict between winning/football product and actually having student athletes. Then these guys rationalize all the stuff done to acquire and keep talent as some sort of soul saving exercise when it is really about power and money. 

I agree with you about TCU. My point is that TCU is now competing directly with programs and people who don't care about the same values and will push the envelope. I would like to give everybody the benefit of the doubt, but I do not think it is a level playing field. 

Some of the schools will let in non college level students and rationalize it. Some of the schools will keep athletes after they flout the law. The allegations of financial corruption are out there and not much happens with it, does it?

Now the BTCF schools want a separate division so they can police all this better than the NCAA. What a load of bull. 

There is a conflict between winning/football product and actually having student athletes. Then these guys rationalize all the stuff done to acquire and keep talent as some sort of soul saving exercise when it is really about power and money.

You're right, pcf. I'm just glad it doesn't happen at my school.