Sign in to follow this  
Black-it-out-Frog!

What books are you reading?

I enjoy reading. I am currently reading, Thomas More: A Portrait of Courage. I am also halfway done with The Prince. I was wondering if anyone else is currently reading any books.

Trying a book by Alafair Burke....okay cop procedural....just tried a p.j. tracy book....just okay, too....I limit myself to light, escapist reading, you see.

Machines at Work by Byron Barton and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr/Eric Carle. Pretty much on repeat.

Haven't started it yet, but am about ready for many repeat readings of Go Dogs Go by P.D. Eastman. 

Big Green Egg Cookbook. It requires even more contemplation than The Prince.

Skip ahead to the Blackberry-Peach-Amaretto Cobbler recipe. I won't give away the ending, but I think you'll like it.

Haven't started it yet, but am about ready for many repeat readings of Go Dogs Go by P.D. Eastman.

Jeez! That was one of my favorites when I was 5. And that's been awhile.

Jeez! That was one of my favorites when I was 5. And that's been awhile.

Was my favorite when my kids were little.  Now I have two new grandsons (almost 5 months and a week and a half old) to read it to.  Probably still have much of it memorized from 25 years ago.

Just finished Into the Woods by Kim Harrison which is a compilation from her Hollows Series and other writings. I have read all of her Hollow Series books which includes witches, vamps, weres, banshees, demons and pixies. You'd think I was a 15 year old girl or gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I enjoy reading. I am currently reading, Thomas More: A Portrait of Courage. I am also halfway done with The Prince. I was wondering if anyone else is currently reading any books.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Skip ahead to the Blackberry-Peach-Amaretto Cobbler recipe. I won't give away the ending, but I think you'll like it.

You still haven't made this for me. What do I have to do?

God's Middle Finger by Richard Grant. Great nonfiction book/personal account on the Sierra Madre.

Makes me miss Mexico.

Got 3 books for Christmas and just finished the third. The first was Allegiant, the final book in the Divergent series. Probably the weakest of the three. Second was Unsouled, third book in the Unwound series. Excellent! Fantastic series.

Final one was David and Goliath; underdogs, misfits, and the art of battling giants by Malcolm Gladwell. I love Gladwell and this book didn't disappoint one bit

The Boy on the Wooden Box is the most moving book I've read in years.  Basically the youngest Schindler's List survivor writes his story before he dies.  I didn't realize until I got to the end of the book that I knew his daughter - she was friends with my sister when we were in middle school in California.  The book is truly a historical treasure.  May we never forget just how cruel humans are capable of being to each other.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The first was Allegiant, the final book in the Divergent series. Probably the weakest of the three.

That's disappointing. I got it a month ago but haven't started. Went back to re-read the first 2 (I'm a pretty slow reader).

That's disappointing. I got it a month ago but haven't started. Went back to re-read the first 2 (I'm a pretty slow reader).

it's probably more of a statement on how much I enjoyed the first two. It was still a good read. I think I was finally beaten down by the young love story.

There are some really interesting parts of third one -- if you've read the first two, definitely read the third. I really liked the message that came out of it. The execution could have been better, and less teen love, but still a worthwhile read.

I am reading The Book Formerly Known as the Prince.

Seriously though, I will second the Gladwell books.  I have not read his new one yet, but it is on my to do list.

The most recent book I read was The Great Gatsby.  Somehow, I never read it in high school.  Overall, pretty depressing book.