Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

71 gunning for the tailgate invite...

I've never been invited to any tailgate except YA's.  And now, he's moved into a lot that's too far for this gimpy geezer to walk to.

That is it!!! I love love love that pic. And y'all are invited to any tailgate...problem is I go off the radar during school year...so u need covert ways to find me.

That is it!!! I love love love that pic. And y'all are invited to any tailgate...problem is I go off the radar during school year...so u need covert ways to find me.

Ribbons and matching t-shirts?

I've never been invited to any tailgate except YA's. And now, he's moved into a lot that's too far for this gimpy geezer to walk to.

I'm pretty sure you would have been welcome at our WVU tailgate...

I'm pretty sure you would have been welcome at our WVU tailgate...

...that's a longer hike than to YA spot.

Mechanic called.

--all machine shop work completed (head remachined, valve guides pressed etc)

--upper end machinery cleaned, reassembled

--valves and head attached

--water pump impeller replaced

still to go are the outside stuff/reconnections (attach alternator, belts, throttle, sensors, etc). Hopefully startup tomorrow after lunch.

I know the hopes and prayers of all go with me. Or rather with my mechanic and Fiddler's Dream.

I have received such sincere and nonsarcastic support in my hour of need here.

boat.jpg

when are you having the blessing of new parts? without it your boat will just sink....

It is hot. And I am in the pool.

pool report needed.....pictures if available....

As a child of the 80's, I am convinced that nothing has really been experienced until you get the tshirt for it. Did I visit Luxembourg? I don't have a tshirt from there, so probably not. Did I see U2? Uh, I've got the tshirt...duh. Did I see Culture Club? I threw away the tshirt, you can't prove anything.

I am thinking I need a thefroghorn.com tshirt, but that sounds like a deal needing an official process. Therefore, I am going to make a "This is not the new thefroghorn.com tshirt!" to honor the great mid 80's LP "This is not the new Dream Syndicate Album...Live!" 

That was the best cassette a guy could ever play in a 76 Bonneville 4 door hardtop with speakers worth more than the car. It was literally like one of the great concert halls. It was massive inside and sounded great. I laugh about the huge cars me and my buddies drove. The 4 or 5 huge junker cars we drove could have been enough steel to make the entire modern fleet for Hertz. We knew our parents thought we were awful drivers. All we drove were tanks. A 76 Cadillac Fleetwood? A 67 or 68 Olds 98? There are semis lighter than those cars. 

I often drove my mother's 76 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible.

I think I saw it in the Philadelphia Harbor last summer when we were driving over the Walt Whitman bridge. You could barely see the destroyer parked behind it.

I often drove my mother's 76 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible.

I think I saw it in the Philadelphia Harbor last summer when we were driving over the Walt Whitman bridge. You could barely see the destroyer parked behind it.

That is actually an iconic car. 

My best friend's mom had an 81 or 82 dark blue Biarritz with the stainless steel top. Pretty neat looking car for that era, but they hated it.

Many months ago I posted a story about a pro soccer player who found out he was a match just as his team was nearing the playoffs. He decided to do it even though it meant foregoing the rest of the season. He had a young baby and no guarantee of a contract for the following year, and he did it anyway. I don't remember all the details, but the procedure involved a hospital stay and extended recovery.

That doesn't sound that bad.  Pretty reasonable actually.  Outpatient and minimally invasive.  Not nearly as scary as Frisky made it sound.  I'm going to have to look into this a lot more.  Thanks, buddy.

Growing up, my mother frequently went to the Brandywine Summit Camp Meeting every year.  Her family had cabins there and my grandfather's brother was a caretaker there for a while. 

I just found out on their website that their big annual revival/camp meeting at their open air tabernacle is Thursday-Sunday while we're there.  I've have heard about this place and the camp meeting all of my life.  I'm freaking giddy about this for some reason. 

That doesn't sound that bad.  Pretty reasonable actually.  Outpatient and minimally invasive.  Not nearly as scary as Frisky made it sound.  I'm going to have to look into this a lot more.  Thanks, buddy.

That doesn't sound that bad. Pretty reasonable actually. Outpatient and minimally invasive. Not nearly as scary as Frisky made it sound. I'm going to have to look into this a lot more. Thanks, buddy.

Frisky's a wimp. I was just trying to say SFA is doing a great thing and its more involved than, say, just donating blood or something. The soccer guy story was cool, I will look for the article.

I may just stick to my dream of opening my own mobile mammography van. Help more people that way.

Kudos to you SFA.

They stick a needle in you that is long and big enough to break through the bone to extract the marrow of your pelvis.  You can experience quite a bit of pain/soreness from what I understand, if it ends up being that they have to harvest marrow. 

Just imagine if somebody had donated marrow to the body SFA tripped over at the Rose Parade. That person might be alive today, begging on the streets of Los Angeles and selling access to his taint for crack...with an extreme excess of bone marrow