Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

A message from the National Weather Service.

"As with any waterspout or tornado, the best advice is to be in an interior part of the lowest floor of a sturdy building—and not outside, whether sharks are raining down or not."

really...someone from the NWS issued that statement.

A message from the National Weather Service.

"As with any waterspout or tornado, the best advice is to be in an interior part of the lowest floor of a sturdy building—and not outside, whether sharks are raining down or not."

really...someone from the NWS issued that statement.

Did they address whether flying a helicopter up to the tornado and throwing in a makeshift bomb will dissolve the tornado?  Seems like solid science.

Did they address whether flying a helicopter up to the tornado and throwing in a makeshift bomb will dissolve the tornado?  Seems like solid science.

1 Problem + 1 bomb + 1 Hollywood = 0 Problem any more

Therefore:  (1 bomb + 1 Hollywood) = -1 Problem

I'm ashamed to say I watched the last 15 minutes of that last night.  Worst TV ever. 

1 Problem + 1 bomb + 1 Hollywood = 0 Problem any more

Therefore:  (1 bomb + 1 Hollywood) = -1 Problem

I've always liked the theory of dropping a nuke to stop a hurricane.  Of course, it'd probably just creat a nuclear hurricane.  But hey, it's worth a shot right?

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/meteorology/news-subverting-hurricane

Have you seen Sharktopus?

Not yet. 

I think the budget for Sharknado was $150 and a dime bag for Tara. 

Not yet. 

I think the budget for Sharknado was $150 and a dime bag for Tara. 

I can't wait for the sequel. Nora: Shark Hunter. 90 minutes of Cassie Scerbo shooting sharks.

That reminds me....is there still such a thing as cloud-seeding? During the drought of the 1950s in this area it was a hot subject....don't recall if it ever worked, but it seemed to have a scientific base....

Dear Eric,

You’ve been identified as a possible marrow match for a 36-year old male in need of a transplant. The patient’s doctor is trying to determine treatment options as quickly as possible.

Please call me immediately to tell me if you’re willing and able to become a donor.

When you joined the National Marrow Donor Program’s Be The Match Registry on March 2002, you did so knowing that one day you could help save a life. Now someone is waiting for your response, and time is of the essence.

Its critically important that we hear from you- even if you’re unable to donate.

Please call. You can also email me at we need to hear from you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh wow, SFA. That's a big deal. It's not a simple procedure, but we don't often get the opportunity to save someone's life.

This is only my third time to be a match. Back in the summer of 2010, I was a match to a lady in the northeast. She never got healthy enough to receive the transplant. When I lived in FW, I was a preliminary match for a little girl but we didn't match after the second round of testing they do.

I was so excited when I was notified that I was a potential match and was equally heartbroken when I was told I was out because of having cancer.

This is only my third time to be a match. Back in the summer of 2010, I was a match to a lady in the northeast. She never got healthy enough to receive the transplant. When I lived in FW, I was a preliminary match for a little girl but we didn't match after the second round of testing they do.

Well I pray that this works this time for you and the patient.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What kind of process do they use to determine if you are a match?  A simple blood draw, or a marrow tap with a big long needle?

What kind of process do they use to determine if you are a match? A simple blood draw, or a marrow tap with a big long needle?

Blood draw

Oh wow, SFA. That's a big deal. It's not a simple procedure, but we don't often get the opportunity to save someone's life.

What's the procedure like?

What's the procedure like?

Many months ago I posted a story about a pro soccer player who found out he was a match just as his team was nearing the playoffs. He decided to do it even though it meant foregoing the rest of the season. He had a young baby and no guarantee of a contract for the following year, and he did it anyway. I don't remember all the details, but the procedure involved a hospital stay and extended recovery.