Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

I graduated highscool with 30+ college credits. Didn't get me out sooner, but it did allow me to take pretty light loads.

My AP credits got me almost halfway to my English degree at TCU. I didn't have to take a single frosh or soph class on my way to that degree ...

My AP credits got me almost halfway to my English degree at TCU. I didn't have to take a single frosh or soph class on my way to that degree ...

Ahhh, a fake English degree, too.

Congratulations to our computer-literate young whippersnapper.

I, myself, had a computer victory today:

I found a gizmo to plug into my new computer that has the right kind of doodad that fits the purple thingamajig on my favorite keyboard.

I'll drink to that! Charter (my provider, if that's the right word) sent me a free modem since I'm such a good customer (I like their phone, cable and internet service, mostly, and just cut out some cable fare to cut my bill). Now I'm waiting until a more competent person (maybe a nephew-by-marriage, maybe our daughter, maybe our 9-year-old granddaughter) comes to visit, at which time competent person will be drafted to hook it up.

Well, hell. I am impressed. All I got was credit for all 6 hours of freshman english at UT in 1954. But I am not impressed by the guys who graduate with twice as many hours as they need. I got my B.J. (that's a journalism degree, in this case) with one less hour than was required (119 instead of 120). They let me graduate because I promised never to come back.

I entered TCU with no hours.  I left TCU with 100 hours earned at TCU, 9 from TVCC and 7 from SFA.  Then I went to TVCC for some more, followed by TJC and then I went to SFA for my final set of hours.  My hours attempted was much higher than my hours earned.

-a lot of people go to college for 7 years.

-yeah, they're called Doctors.

-a lot of people go to college for 7 years.

-yeah, they're called Doctors.

I beatTommy by 4 years, thank you very much!

Or UH quarterbacks.

Ramon Flanigan at SMU. Wasn't that his name? Played for about 10 years, or so it seemed

Ramon Flanigan at SMU. Wasn't that his name? Played for about 10 years, or so it seemed

Lee Coward played hoops at Mizzou for what seemed like 20 years

Tell Victor that Ramon, the fella he met about a week ago...tell him that Ramon went to the clinic today, and I found out that I have, herpes simplex 10, and I think Victor should go check himself out with his physician to make sure everything is fine before things start falling off on the man.

Finally made it down to my goal weight -- which is great timing because I was just about sick of this freaking diet. I'm going to lose 4 more so I give myself some wiggle room as I come off the diet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally made it down to my goal weight -- which is great timing because I was just about sick of this freaking diet. I'm going to lose 4 more so I give myself some wiggle room as I come off the diet.

Congratulations!

richardsimmonsloveyou.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Congratulations!

richardsimmonsloveyou.gif

1358617103578.gif

I would again tell the story of how Richard Simmons' sweat got on me, but I don't want to steal Uni's thunder...

Congratulations. Did you do Atkins? I can't remember

Congratulations. Did you do Atkins? I can't remember

Yes and thanks. Didn't officiallly follow the Atkins plan, but kept with that theme.

Are you thinking about my sailboat parts as well???

Is there a service for your sailboat parts today that you are unable to attend?

Are you thinking about my sailboat parts as well???

So, that's what you're calling it these days