Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

I graduated highscool with 30+ college credits. Didn't get me out sooner, but it did allow me to take pretty light loads.

He said loads...giggle...

I graduated highscool with 30+ college credits. Didn't get me out sooner, but it did allow me to take pretty light loads.

I was the first person in the history of Midlothian High School to pass an AP test. I think it was only the second year MHS had AP tests, and I think I was maybe the third or fourth person to take it. I got a 3 on the English exam

My boat is still broken as I don't think the parts arrived this morning.

Take care of yourself and family.

FIFY

I was the first person in the history of Midlothian High School to pass an AP test. I think it was only the second year MHS had AP tests, and I think I was maybe the third or fourth person to take it. I got a 3 on the English exam

I'm picturing a statue in Midlothian with Boston holding up a paper with a giant three. Now I'm giggling.

I'm picturing a statue in Midlothian with Boston holding up a paper with a giant three. Now I'm giggling.

Don't knock it until you've been bronzed...

I think we are probably gonna do nothing. Volunteering the info that I had my mom's pills seems riskier than the off chance that they are somehow traced to us but not mentioned on the theft report. Plus, I'm really good at doing nothing.

Nothing is always a good choice

It matched the scores on many of my regular math tests

If he continues passing the exams, he will have 10 AP courses credited, plus he took an actual online college computer course and got an A. In theory that would knock a year off of college, but I doubt it will actually work out that way given the specific graduation requirements for different majors at different schools.

yeah, but many AP exams cover the core requirements at most schools.  Throw in an English, History and a couple others and suddenly you're walking onto campus as a 2nd semester Freshman.  And you can get to your major requirements a lot quicker.

The girl who was valedictorian the year before I graduated got a full scholarship to MIT. I don't think she took the AP test, though. Maybe MIT wouldn't accept it. She would definitely have passed. Very smart girl, very friendly

I did quite well in IB Honors Computer Science in High School, but God did I hate it.  All I used that for was to get out of my 2 hour programming requirement for Engineering.  I didn't want any more to do with programming.

Programming is fun. Why else would I go to class in the middle of the summer for 6 hours... like I am right now?

yeah, but many AP exams cover the core requirements at most schools.  Throw in an English, History and a couple others and suddenly you're walking onto campus as a 2nd semester Freshman.  And you can get to your major requirements a lot quicker.

I'm taking English next year. English, Physics, and Calculus BC. I'm also taking Discrete Math, which is harder than all those, but apparently, the College Board doesn't want to give credit for that.

Programming is fun. Why else would I go to class in the middle of the summer for 6 hours... like I am right now?

Are you thinking about beating us up right now?

Thank goodness for geeks people like you.  If it weren't for your kind, I'd have to do that crap.

Are you thinking about beating us up right now?

No, you're a woman.  He's thinking about that other 97%.  Well, maybe because of you.  We'll see how that celebration thread turns out.

No, you're a woman.  He's thinking about that other 97%.  Well, maybe because of you.  We'll see how that celebration thread turns out.

weird-science.jpg

Wait, why would you take things to shorten your time in college? 

That's the truth.  I still regret taking Summer School so I could get out in 4 years.  If I was smart I'd be HFrog2001.

That's the truth.  I still regret taking Summer School so I could get out in 4 years.  If I was smart I'd be HFrog2001.

If I were smart, I would be HFrog05 or 06 and not SFA Frog '12. 

Wait, why would you take things to shorten your time in college?

Somehow you always seemed to think that the goal was to see how many hours you could earn without actually earning a degree. Don't give Danger any ideas...

Somehow you always seemed to think that the goal was to see how many hours you could earn without actually earning a degree. Don't give Danger any ideas...

I just to test drive all the options in my three or so definitive chosen majors. 

And I only got to 197 hours.  That's only 70 or so more than I actually needed for the BSIS degree that I eventually earned. 

I just to test drive all the options in my three or so definitive chosen majors. 

And I only got to 197 hours.  That's only 70 or so more than I actually needed for the BSIS degree that I eventually earned. 

Not bad, I would've guessed more.  I graduated with 149 and stuck with 1 major all 4.5 years.  I did come in with some HS credits.  I also took 1 extra math class to boost up my GPA (trust me, I needed it)

Not bad, I would've guessed more.  I graduated with 149 and stuck with 1 major all 4.5 years.  I did come in with some HS credits.  I also took 1 extra math class to boost up my GPA (trust me, I needed it)

I entered TCU with no hours.  I left TCU with 100 hours earned at TCU, 9 from TVCC and 7 from SFA.  Then I went to TVCC for some more, followed by TJC and then I went to SFA for my final set of hours.  My hours attempted was much higher than my hours earned. 

Congrats to Danger who made a 5 (that's the highest possible) on his AP Computer Science exam! We don't have the scores yet on the other ones he took.

Congratulations to our computer-literate young whippersnapper.

I, myself, had a computer victory today:

I found a gizmo to plug into my new computer that has the right kind of doodad that fits the purple thingamajig on my favorite keyboard.

• Upvote (+1) 1