Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

I'm not sure how to report them now. The person on the report line couldn't add them. We had to call 911 to get an officer out the first time. It seems like a colossal waste of everyone's time for me to call 911 to report some old pills that I'm not trying to replace.

There's got to be a non-emergency number for your PO. Also, what SFA said. No card from the reporting officer?

Did the reporting officer not give his card?

He gave the card for reporting with all the numbers filled out. I called the only number on that card.

There's got to be a non-emergency number for your PO. Also, what SFA said. No card from the reporting officer?

I was talking to the non-emergency number.

Ok, kind of a random question here. My mother had surgery a few years ago and had a lot of pain pills and muscle relaxers that she never used left over. Last year when I was having the back issues she decided to mail them to me in case any were the same thing I was prescribed. She had read somewhere that you are not supposed to throw or flush pills so she thought she could maybe save me some money. I didn't have the heart to tell my 80 year old mother that it is probably illegal to mail narcotics, so I just tucked the box away and have never touched the pills. Yesterday, I realized that the robbers might have been interested in those and I checked the drawer, sure enough, they were gone.

Ok, so today I called the police line as instructed to give them the full list of things taken. When I said "prescription pain killers" the lady said that only a police officer can add that to the report. So my question is, is there any reason for me to try and get the officer back to do so? I'm not going to try to get a doctor to replace the pills. The only thing I can think if is if those pills are apprehended on the street and somehow traced back to me (somewhat far fetched, my mother has a different name and is in Houston) and I would need to be able to show that they were already reported as stolen.

Yikes.  That's a good question.  On one hand you probably weren't legally supposed to have those drugs.  So if you report them stolen then you're telling the police that you and your mother committed a crime.  On the other hand, you don't want them to show up at a crime scene with your mother's name on them.  Do you know any attorneys you can ask? 

Hope you can find a way to tell us when you go into Witness Protection....

Frisky... Does your city have an on-line crime reporting system?  If so, you could probably file an addendum to the original report (if you have the original case number.)

Tell your mom that from now own, take any old/extra pills, empty the pills into your regular trash bag one day...then throw the pill bottles out in the trash another day. 

Frisky... Does your city have an on-line crime reporting system?  If so, you could probably file an addendum to the original report (if you have the original case number.)

Tell your mom that from now own, take any old/extra pills, empty the pills into your regular trash bag one day...then throw the pill bottles out in the trash another day. 

When we threw out my Father in Law's pills, someone told us to put the pills in a container with some soil and some water before throwing them out so they would be unusable by anyone who came across them. 

When we threw out my Father in Law's pills, someone told us to put the pills in a container with some soil and some water before throwing them out so they would be unusable by anyone who came across them. 

Suppose that would work, too.  I do it the way I do so that the pills and bottle aren't together.

If someone will stay submerged in a pool of crap to sneak a peek at a Tulsa park, there are probably some around here who would down the pills, dirt, water, and all.

Most towns/cities now have prescription drug disposal systems. Check with your local PD or city hall. DO NOT send them to the land fill!!

Just bought two pair of tri-focal prescription eyeglasses at Costco for only $307!! Woot! Alas, no extra year's warranty.

Most towns/cities now have prescription drug disposal systems. Check with your local PD or city hall. DO NOT send them to the land fill!!

We tried that with no luck.  They told us to put it in the trash. 

We tried that with no luck. They told us to put it in the trash.

Don't crush the pills--you might expose yourself, and be really careful around kids and pets. Tossing them in the trash is much better than flushing.

Frisky--any good druggie will peel the label off the script because they don't want to get caught with an 80 yo woman's meds. So, I don't think you need to worry about them being traced back to your mom.

We tried that with no luck.  They told us to put it in the trash. 

Well, at least you tried doing the right thing. I forgot for a moment we were talking about Texas, the state where you dig a hole in the ground if you want to dispose of something, like used motor oil, etc. 

Well, at least you tried doing the right thing. I forgot for a moment we were talking about Texas, the state where you dig a hole in the ground if you want to dispose of something, like used motor oil, etc.

The hippies in Oregon got to you, didn't they?

Well yeah, since the oil comes out of the ground, putting it back is just recycling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just met with my pulpit supply preacher for the 21st. I really like him. We had a lunch meeting and after almost two hours with him, I know that while he is a SBC and even attended Criswell College, he is rational and seems to exemplify a spirit filled life.

Why would they do this?

I know that General Assembly starts Saturday and is in Orlando but really?

post-2-13734010511145_thumb.jpg

The hippies in Oregon got to you, didn't they?

Yep. I'm really going to have to reset my thinking. We have separate recycling bins for different types of material, even. Guess I'll just have a big ditch dug out in back of my new house to throw the trash in once I get home. 

Yep. I'm really going to have to reset my thinking. We have separate recycling bins for different types of material, even. Guess I'll just have a big ditch dug out in back of my new house to throw the trash in once I get home.

I'm the only person in Montalba that doesn't have a burn pile/barrel.

I'm the only person in Montalba that doesn't have a burn pile/barrel.

Up here you can only burn during two specified time periods during the year and you still have to call the FD burn line each day to make sure they haven't suspended it for some reason. You get about six weeks in fall and again in spring to do backyard burning, but definitely no trash. Only landscape debris.