Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

Going to start calling you Keith Stone. 

Eww.  yellow fizzy piss water.

Eww.  yellow fizzy piss water.

I agree. Was going for a loose* association.

*not to be confused with the loose bowels one gets after drinking said piss water.  

Depends. Never got above 90 here today. Farther south it got a bit warmer....

102 at my house today. 82% humidity. Same for tomorrow.

102 at my house today. 82% humidity. Same for tomorrow.

Yeah the West is really blazing. Its one thing for vegas to hit 115 but for the Pac NW to hit triple digits is amazing.

Drinkin' with Kenny Perry.

Not the TCU coach.

Is that somebody famous?

So I'm sitting here watching a show called Burger Land on Travel Channel and this episode is featuring Chicago. Three of the 4 places featured are owned by Greeks including the world famous Billy Goat Tavern. And the other is 2 blocks from the hospital where I was born.

Billy Goat Tavern. Been there. Love Chicago

Had a picnic out in the back yard tonight. Very pleasant. Had a friend over and grilled pork chops. Chatted with the neighbors. Blew bubbles with the kid. Lovely evening

Had a picnic out in the back yard tonight. Very pleasant. Had a friend over and grilled pork chops. Chatted with the neighbors. Blew bubbles with the kid. Lovely evening

Aren't you Mr. Suburbanite. You best be getting some rest, though, before #2 shows up in a couple of weeks, Papa.

Aren't you Mr. Suburbanite. You best be getting some rest, though, before #2 shows up in a couple of weeks, Papa.

Silly question time: is it weird for a kid to call his father Papa? That's what my son calls me, but I've gotten weird looks from people and even been told that it's s grandfather's name.

I always thought that the 3 bears were an immediate family, but maybe mama bear was a single mother living with her father, Papa bear.

And Galveston tomorrow.

Wave to my patents when you pass FM 518...just south of the NASA bypass...

Silly question time: is it weird for a kid to call his father Papa? That's what my son calls me, but I've gotten weird looks from people and even been told that it's s grandfather's name.

I always thought that the 3 bears were an immediate family, but maybe mama bear was a single mother living with her father, Papa bear.

That could make the whole story much more interesting, if they had run with it.

Drinkin' with Kenny Perry.

Not the TCU coach.

Of course not.  The TCU coach is named Gary Patterson.

Are you still a resident of the Commonwealth?

Rah! Rah! TCU!  Go Frogs!

IMG_20130630_171952_381_zps619b5ada.jpg

My son texted me about the unfortunate placement of the number 1 but blamed that observation on his wife.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's Daddy...but, yeah, I'm getting as much rest as I can while still staying up until at least 2 am every night. And suburban life is just constant soul-crushing fun

That's Colton? He's adorable! Is he home now?

That's Colton? He's adorable! Is he home now?

Yes.  Yes.  and Yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes.  Yes.  and Yes.

Awesome, wekl. Congrats, my friend!

I like Papa, Smooth. Very European.

Don't tell me you're a Bolshevik, too. Am I the last real American on this board?

Don't tell me you're a Bolshevik, too. Am I the last real American on this board?

You may be a real American, but you're still a weak Christian.

You may be a real American, but you're still a weak Christian.

I'm a messenger from the devil, an opportunist from the pit of snakes and lions. So don't misrepresent me

Beaumont_hamel_newfoundland_memorial.jpg

bh_banner.jpg

I've mentioned before that Canada Day is a strange holiday here as it is also Memorial Day (provincial) as July 1 is the day when the Newfoundland Regiment was nearly wiped out attacking the German lines in the battle of the Somme. The memorial above is Canada territory ceded by France originally to Newfoundland (which was a country then). Of 25 officers and 776 ranks, 68 answered the roll the next day. The regiment also served at Gallipoli earlier. It is one of the few all volunteer regiments that served throughout the entire war with volunteers.

Young son was selected to be part of the provincial honor guard/firing party in an hour or so at the War Memorial, and I will be in attendance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rah! Rah! TCU!  Go Frogs!

IMG_20130630_171952_381_zps619b5ada.jpg

My son texted me about the unfortunate placement of the number 1 but blamed that observation on his wife.

At least it wasn't #2

Very nice, NFF. Would it be appropriate to take and post pictures?

Happy Canada and Newfoundland Regiment Day