Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

It is yet another subsection of sandwich. The thing is, though, a hot dog isn't open faced. It's covered on both sides. Very similar to a sub. If a sub is a sandwich (it is), and it's made from one piece of bread (it is), what keeps a hot dog from being a sandwich (nothing).

Save it for the essay question on the Subway University final exam...

Our ecumenical cantata choir was made up of the choirs of First Christian Church, First Presbyterian Church, Grace United Methodist Church and St. Phillips Episcopal Church. It was the four downtown mainline Protestant churches that got together to sing for Christmas. We should styled ourselves as Weak Christians United in Song. We also did a lot of joint youth activities because none of our congregations had enough people to do anything cool.

Episcopal? Awfully close to Papist there, your excellency

It is yet another subsection of sandwich. The thing is, though, a hot dog isn't open faced. It's covered on both sides. Very similar to a sub. If a sub is a sandwich (it is), and it's made from one piece of bread (it is), what keeps a hot dog from being a sandwich (nothing).

The fact that it's a freakin' hot dog, Julia Child

The fact that it's a freakin' hot dog, Julia Child

Wow. Now a hot dog can't be a sandwich just because it's a hot dog? Y'all ARE a bunch of elitists. 

Episcopal? Awfully close to Papist there, your excellency

Well, I never...huh...

Such disrespect!

Wow. Now a hot dog can't be a sandwich just because it's a hot dog? Y'all ARE a bunch of elitists.

And you're a opportunist from a pit of snakes and hot dogs

Y'all ARE a bunch of elitists.

You gonna leave and start another new board?

I bought a new set of sheets today. When I was looking for colors, I decided on red. What I didn't notice is they aren't regular sheets. They are some kind of smooth shiny microfiber.

Hey, channel 56 in Boston, why don't you run that Yoplait "swapportunity" ad one more time? Does any other company advertise on your airwaves? I just can't get enough of that mediocre-looking redhead not eating those cookies and then apologizing to them. It's almost enough to ruin It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. But not quite enough

Yeah, and it's going to have blackjack and hookers! Naah, forget the board.

Blackjack AND hookers? Alright, I'm in.

I bought a new set of sheets today. When I was looking for colors, I decided on red. What I didn't notice is they aren't regular sheets. They are some kind of smooth shiny microfiber.

That's damn sexy

Really juice? Taking a picture while driving? You can't even tell us you were stopped, unless your speedometer needle broke off. I hope you weren't posting while moving too.

What pisses me off is that it went from 90 to 89 as I took the picture. And the speedometer needle is somewhere over near 70. I accidentally turned my cruise off while taking the picture.

Blackjack AND hookers? Alright, I'm in.

Not I. I am strongly morally opposed to blackjack...because I'm terrible at it. Hookers, though, hell yeah

What pisses me off is that it went from 90 to 89 as I took the picture. And the speedometer needle is somewhere over near 70. I accidentally turned my cruise off while taking the picture.

Seriously, stop doing that. No kidding

I'm not a fan.

You can kill (or maim!) all the hookers you want on red sheets

Seriously, stop doing that. No kidding

I think my governor said to stop infringing on my person liberty in regard to my phone and my car. At least I don't have a book up on the steering wheel anymore. Those were so much harder to manage.

Well I'm off to bed. I'm leaving in 7 hours to go to Longview for the funeral of the "real" father of the granddaughter of one of my congregants. He died of a heart attack at age 48 sometime this week. I'm sure it'll be a blast.

Well I'm off to bed. I'm leaving in 7 hours to go to Longview for the funeral of the "real" father of the granddaughter of one of my congregants. He died of a heart attack at age 48 sometime this week. I'm sure it'll be a blast.

Ugh, sorry

Can you imagine asking someone for a hot dog sandwich? That would fry the brain circuits of most hot dog vendors. First the confusion, then the anger.

My mom didn't want me to ask this, because she said it's "stupid", but can a hot dog be considered a sandwich? I say yes.

If you slice one or two up longitudinally an put the meat between two slices of bread with fixin's, yes. There's a hot dog sandwich with 2 franks you can get at Coney island. Any gussied up hot dog is clearly a sandwich. Here are 10 many of which you've eaten as "hot dogs".

As for is a regular hot dog a sandwich? I'm with danger. It is, it's just that the name got shortened with great use. Subs are following this same route but started out clearly as sub sandwiches. Po' boys too. Common linguistic phenomenon.

The King of Condescension has spoken. Case solved.