Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

Aunt Becky will be starring in a new season of Orange Is The New Black, it appears. For a week or two anyway.

At least Weinstein will be in a different  institution.

• Haha  (+1) 1

Look to the west after sunset and you'll see a very bright crescent Venus with a much dimmer, though fully lit (it being on the far side of the Sun while Venus is on the near side) just under it. Best evening apparition of the 2 I've seen in many years.

2 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Aunt Becky will be starring in a new season of Orange Is The New Black, it appears. For a week or two anyway.

At least Weinstein will be in a different  institution.

She got two months and Mossimo (her husband) got 5 months. Wonder if they wear Target clothes in prison.

1 hour ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Look to the west after sunset and you'll see a very bright crescent Venus with a much dimmer, though fully lit (it being on the far side of the Sun while Venus is on the near side) just under it. Best evening apparition of the 2 I've seen in many years.

ummmm... what’s the dimly lit thing?

edit: actually, there’s just a lovely bank of clouds to the west of TCU.

11 hours ago, Newbomb Turk said:

ummmm... what’s the dimly lit thing?

edit: actually, there’s just a lovely bank of clouds to the west of TCU.

Silly me... It's Mercury about as high in the sky as it gets. Many people have never knowingly seen it. (Probably most people, actually?)

The person recording this wins the Very Patient Parent award. Probably just beaten down from all the quality "togetherness" during the lockdown. Maybe just call in the dog to help clean up.😆

4 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

The person recording this wins the Very Patient Parent award. Probably just beaten down from all the quality "togetherness" during the lockdown. Maybe just call in the dog to help clean up.😆

That kid cleans up after himself far better than my teenagers do...

• Haha  (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

That kid cleans up after himself far better than my teenagers do...

"I won't spill it."

"Uh, oh. I spilled." 🤣😆

I guffawed when he wiped out on his little ass.

In somewhat nicer news...for the first time in all the decades since I've moved here the local supermarket is bringing in briskets!!!

Was at the store 2 days ago and noticed it on the flyer. Went to meat counter. Sold out.  :-(.  Asked butcher about this and she said it was an experiment (brisket normally goes into salt meat production here is only rarely available even by special order). They brought in 15 cases of briskets and sold them out in 2 hours. Said there'd be another delivery last night so first thing at 8:30 this morning I check and she says yes 15 more cases came in, but that they already were down to only 2 briskets from the last case. Sped to store and got one of them!!!!! Now to break out the smoker!

Talk about significant results from an experiment!

• Like (+1) 2

Now to break out the smoker!

Good luck! (since you're probably a little out of practice 😉)

28 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Good luck! (since you're probably a little out of practice 😉)

Not completely...I routinely do duck, pork shoulder, and turkey halves. And I have enough for a practice now, anyway! (Can't really do a whole brisket given I'm only cooking for 2 or 3). Supposed to be nice and warm in a couple of days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dangerfrog is relocating to Dallas today. He will be working and living in the Galleria area. He took some time to play in Europe after graduation, so this is the first “real” job. He was very fortunate to be offered such a great opportunity in the current economic climate.

• Upvote (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Friskyfrog said:

Dangerfrog is relocating to Dallas today. He will be working and living in the Galleria area. He took some time to play in Europe after graduation, so this is the first “real” job. He was very fortunate to be offered such a great opportunity in the current economic climate.

There goes the neighborhood...

Thank you to everyone who gave their all. We are in your debt for our freedoms.

382cfe89afa32d38aaaf9833f899b124.jpg

On 6/18/2013 at 8:12 PM, Friskyfrog said:

And in the "About Damn Time" category, I guess I should congratulate DangerFrog for actually getting his drivers permit today.

I started reading the beginning of this thread again and would just like to note that Danger still does not have a drivers license.

2 minutes ago, Friskyfrog said:

I started reading the beginning of this thread again and would just like to note that Danger still does not have a drivers license.

Is he planning on walking to work?

Just now, Radio Shack Killa said:

Is he planning on walking to work?

Yes. I am sure when the DMV opens again he will get it done. He walked or biked everywhere when he was in Europe, so he doesn’t think much about it. And you can buy a lot of Uber rides for the cost of car payments, insurance and gas. He is living at the Windsor, about a 20 minute walk to the office. When he was locked down here in KY the last few months he usually walked 3-4 hours a day.

New scam I just heard and was offered for the first time. Basically a variation on the old pigeon drop. Visa "security" called and said that they had identified "Chinese" activity in the amount of $310,000 in credit card fraud on my account and wanted to reverse the charges. All I had to do was verify by giving them my SSN, card numbers, and pin!!!

Adding in "China" is a nice touch, psychologically as it allows me to think I'm gaining illicit money AND screwing over the Chinese at the same time.

$310,000 in credit card fraud on my account

Holy cow, I want your credit score!

18 hours ago, Friskyfrog said:

Yes. I am sure when the DMV opens again he will get it done. He walked or biked everywhere when he was in Europe, so he doesn’t think much about it. And you can buy a lot of Uber rides for the cost of car payments, insurance and gas. He is living at the Windsor, about a 20 minute walk to the office. When he was locked down here in KY the last few months he usually walked 3-4 hours a day.

He might have a change of heart come July/August.  😉

2 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Holy cow, I want your credit score!

!!!

Yeah...it's pretty good. (he says smugly)

Added: Of course with my wife gone, son living elsewhere in town and daughter living more and more away from home my expenses are all repairs, food, maintenance, insurance, taxes, boat and not a heck of a lot else. With a good pension--which I do have--and much reduced expenses (except repairs, lately), I am still able to save a goodly amount every month after paying off all bills.

1 hour ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

my expenses are all repairs, food, maintenance, insurance, taxes, boat and not a heck of a lot else.

Don't forget teeth! 😬