Once again, Mrs. T for the win. 😆

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/9/2019 at 2:46 PM, Duquesne Frog said:

Stay hard, Rosie Ruiz ...

Image result for rosie ruiz

One of my heroes 

• Haha  (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

Interesting SMU is waayyy down the list at #92 (compared to TCU and Bay__'s much higher debt loads. More and bigger trust funds? Can't be the fees I don't think.

And Denton is quite low. Are they still as good a music school as they used to be way back when I taught night classes there in the 70s??

11 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

@NewfoundlandFreeFrog  Are you anywhere close to Dildo?

The town right next to Heart's Content! Yeah. Less than an hour drive from my marina though a long 2 day sail as it's in the next bay over.

Is Kimmel still on about it?!  Apparently tourists are diverting there a lot right now! Does he know about Heart's Content, Little Heart's Ease, and Heart's Delight all of which are close to Dildo. Properly so if you're female 😮 . Can't believe it if he's missing that additional joke material (if he is...I don't generally watch).

What I like in the area is the old terminus of the trans-Atlantic cables up the shore at Heart's Content. All that late 19th/early 20th century "high tech". Any nerd drools on the floors.

The only way I know about it is Kimmell. He is having it on every night. Yesterday might have been the election but I didn't watch last night. Seems like the town has embraced him/it. 

Noticed this pic on flickr. Turns out that fake news and disinformation is nothing new!

Caption:  

Confusing medieval depiction of Roman god Saturn devouring his son, which mixes the Greek Chronos (Χρόνος, Khronos, Latinised as Chronus), the personification of time in pre-Socratic philosophy and later literature, known for devouring his own children, with the Titan Cronus (Κρόνος, Krónos), who castrated his father Uranus with a scythe. [Note only one letter difference in Greek]

In the background: Aphrodite, emerging from the white foam produced by Uranus’ testicles.

*Antitus, la satyre megere. Archives cantonales vaudoises ~ 1501 Suisse

Painting is most definitely NSFW!

Spoiler

48549865302_f87770375e_b.jpg

Stay hard, Peter Fonda.  #RIPCaptainAmerica

• Like (+1) 1

@!:&@%€#$%€£??#$@÷×% #$@%### 

Somehow my freezer got unplugged. Lamb, moose, pork, 2 farm ducks, 18 dinners of cod #$@%#$, all gone.

The only thing I was able to save was a piece of iceberg from a few years ago.

#$@%€£$@×#

Discovered this as I was preparing to freeze 5 new cod dinners. 😞

Looks like I'll be fishing tomorrow again as there is no wind yet again for sailing.

• Sad 2

Home school bonfire last Friday night...70 kids. Luckily it wasn't at my house. Oh here in Illinois we have fires at night because it gets down below 100 degrees at night. Like mid-60s.

Freshman daughter was asked to the home school homecoming dance, but there isn't a football team, I'm confused? Also, isn't home coming for home schoolers at home?

• Haha  (+1) 2

Another long-held belief SHATTERED  by the facts 😞...

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/of-course-butter-sculptures-aren-t-solid-butter-artist-tells-shocked-twitterverse-1.5253192

It's a highlight for some visitors at Toronto's annual Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) — seeing sculptors use huge amounts of butter to create extraordinary things.

But a tweet posted Monday by Stephen Punwasi shattered some people's ideas of what's involved in the art of butter sculpting: "[Today I learned] the butter sculptures at the EX are just pieces of plastic covered in butter." ...

Is nothing sacred?

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Not everybody can grab a shot of the rare dual-rotor puffin ... I think you're a shoo-in for the award, Newf ...

57 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Not everybody can grab a shot of the rare dual-rotor puffin ... I think you're a shoo-in for the award, Newf ...

Just got a reply from the organizers. 

"Rejected from consideration"!

As the contest is judged by public vote, I feel they should have let it in and let the viewers decide, but there's birders for ya'!!!  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of birders, I saw a peregrine falcon in flight today! No photo, but he was magnificent...swooping down to grab a grebe, I think. I was at Rocky Mountain NP. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1