Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

15 hours ago, Army Frog Fan said:

On this day in 1040: Lady Godiva rides naked on horseback through Coventry, according to legend, to force her husband, the Earl of Mercia, to lower taxes.  C'Mon Melania.  do it for your country!!

I might have interest.

1 hour ago, Rothbardian said:

Very interesting! I especially related to this quote, "Your possessions, you don’t really own them. They own you. The more you get rid of, the freer you are.”

I found exactly the same to be true when I sold everything in my house recently in preparation to move back home. Seeing all that junk walk out of my house during the moving sale was an incredibly uplifting feeling. I only have a half-empty 5x5 storage unit now and I'll probably pare it down even more before I finally head south after Christmas.  

Can't tell if they got the right picture on this story...

• Haha  (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Stay hard, Rutger Hauer ...

He already bequeathed us his epitaph :(:

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. C-beams glittering in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

maxresdefault.jpg

Slightly off topic factoid. Blade Runner's special effects are 100% on film. No CGI. Some sequences contained 16 multiple exposures on the frames of the film.

Thoughts on Blade Runner vs. Blade Runner 2049 visual effects in reference to the era that each was made, go...

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:04 PM, Duquesne Frog said:

A good idea but the area where my friend lost his ring is probably only harvestable if you used some Incan cliffside agricultural techniques ... 

For those of you who remember the saga of my friend and his lost wedding ring .... I am sad to report that on a recent trip to the beach, my same friend might have lost his second wedding ring to the Atlantic Ocean ...

• Haha  (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

For those of you who remember the saga of my friend and his lost wedding ring .... I am sad to report that on a recent trip to the beach, my same friend might have lost his second wedding ring to the Atlantic Ocean ...

Your friend seems mighty careless. Or sure is taking off and hiding the ring a lot.

9 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Stay hard little kid's bike that J.J. Watt got on and squatted!

Just a reminder, TCU made J.J. Watt cry:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Newbomb Turk said:

AA1FB070587A49208519.gif

Maybe a little. 😆

Mrs. Turk noted, “Good thing it wasn’t Michael Jackson.”

• Haha  (+1) 2