Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

55 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

WARNING: Do NOT spill the sherry in which a dozen or so habeneros have been soaking on the stove. Unless you are practicing how to deal with pepper spray, anyway. As the Irish say: "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!"

We learn new things every day.

Was there sherry drinking to go along with the sherry spilling? 

Holiday dilemma from today's Slate agony column chat:

Q. Dreading An Awkward Thanksgiving

One of the highlights of our Thanksgivings is when my wife brings the turkey to the table wearing a Mrs. Claus costume. She has done it for years and the table is always full of smiles! A couple weeks ago I accidentally walked in on my daughter and her boyfriend and he was wearing the Mrs. Claus costume. I haven't told my wife because she would freak but I have talked to my daughter. I'm not upset with her being active I mean she is 17 now, but I am losing sleep thinking about how tense Thursday will be when my wife brings the turkey since he will be with us -  especially if I have a bit too much to drink. What can I do? Do we need to have a family talk or should I just see what happens?

One of the multitude of reasons why I am never going to be a parent; I would make a horrible one. I would be perfectly fine with a 17 year old daughter getting some (and a hypocrite if I wasn't). No big deal about it, until she said, "Please pass the stuffing."

At that point I would not be able to contain myself and have to respond with, "I think that you have had enough stuffing this week!"

11 minutes ago, Feeling Froggy said:

One of the multitude of reasons why I am never going to be a parent; I would make a horrible one. I would be perfectly fine with a 17 year old daughter getting some (and a hypocrite if I wasn't). No big deal about it, until she said, "Please pass the stuffing."

At that point I would not be able to contain myself and have to respond with, "I think that you have had enough stuffing this week!"

It's difficult for me not to make inappropriate comments when my sons say funny things, but they're 7 and 4. I don't want to have to explain what I'm saying ... 

AAA is saying Thanksgiving traffic in Oregon will be the worst since 2005, presumably because of a strong economy. Wednesday afternoon looks to be the worst time for leaving, of course, and Friday is bad for returning, instead of Sunday, as might be expected.

"An estimated 647,000 Oregonians, essentially the population of Portland, will be traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday. The vast majority of those folks, nearly 86 percent, will reach their destination by automobile." (Lovely. The highways can't even handle a normal weekday commute well.)

"Nationally, a projected 50.9 million Americans will travel for the holiday, 1.6 million more than in 2016."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2017/11/thanksgiving_travel_slog_expec.html#incart_river_index

56 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

I don't think that any Partridge was ever very hard to begin with. That said, my hs/college gf played them all the time. So his passing is sad, I guess.

Bonaduce thinks he's a badass.  So in his mind he is hard.  And these days, it's all about how you think of yourself.

10 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

I don't think that any Partridge was ever very hard to begin with. That said, my hs/college gf played them all the time. So his passing is sad, I guess.

I watched the reruns as a kid. Good, non-threatening television.