Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

14 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Came in 2nd in voting for Commodore of the marina. 

Now I have to go back to my plain but simple pre-political life.  😥

I'm sorry. We could get you one of those cool hats like Capt (Judge) Smails, if it would make you feel better.

e63c4d47ef90c7c0ca47b3380a0d3008.jpg

Drove down on one of my favorite country drives to pay off my lamb farmer with his cash for the lamb he brought to the butcher a while back plus a 40 ouncer of rum. In return got 6 moose roasts with offer of more if I need them! 

While putting the roasts in the freezer I took out the lamb shanks for osso buco as it is raining and cold and that is just about a perfect dish for such things.

Looking forward to moose curry over the next while. M'mmm.

3 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Are you feeling better today, Newf?

Where is your dad buried?

1. Well, I haven't watched any Hallmark Christmas movies yet since Thursday!  (Actually I had to go out to the marina to help pick up after some vandalism last night this morning/afternoon...the local pot shop is right near the marina and they are using our parking lot as a smoking lounge as it is off the highway and a bit  out of sight from the main drag. Our rent-a-cops must have been at the Tim Horton's which IS on the main drag.)

2. A little cemetery near the old homestead in Brookston Minnesota. Google Maps coordinates: 46°53'50.97" N  92°36'02.63" W The racetrack looking road is the one around all the graves.

BTW...GREAT and quite easy recipe for lamb shanks osso buco. Would work as well or better with veal shanks. Total work time only about 15 minutes, really.

https://somethingnewfordinner.com/recipe/lamb-shanks-osso-buco-style/

I made it on my stove rather than in the oven, but then I have very good pans for this purpose. Using the oven prevents any sort of burning on the bottom. Or good pans.

This is fascinating to me, and in lots of ways, really humorous. I love watching how "civil" the UK parliament is and in this Brexit deal discussion with the PM they're really being pretty calm. The very, very funny part is Mr. Speaker when he calls on a new MP to ask questions. Listen for a couple of minutes, at least until you hear him.

https://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/66bde244-3636-4037-a9e1-bb9e029ff195

Poor Teresa May. She's been working her a** off on the Brexit deal and those unruly backbenchers can't be happy with anything. Now they want to chuck her out. They think chaos in Parliament will help.

Theresa May to face vote of no confidence from Tory MPs

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46535739