Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

COVID19 Thread

11 hours ago, frogtwang said:

@PurpleDawg

Check in please. 

I heard from her, she said that she will update when she's feeling better. 

It's not COVID-19 related. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, frogtwang said:

I heard from her, she said that she will update when she's feeling better. 

It's not COVID-19 related. 

Thanks.  Checked this thread for this exact update.  Love you @PurpleDawg

• Like (+1) 3

And speaking of, I love you guys and gals.  I take pride in the fact that my life experiences molded my viewpoint on life and politics, but I am sane/mature/humble enough to realize that other will disagree based on their life experiences. And, as Stuart Smalley taught us before he was elected and kicked out of Congress, that’s OK.

I love that this board has, usually, never risen to the rhetoric you see everywhere else. God Bless you all.

”Let Freedom Ring, M’Fers!“ - Vlade Divac

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

On 3/17/2020 at 11:12 AM, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Using the word "system" to describe anything in Italy is almost never correct!  :)

True.

16 minutes ago, Poison Arrow Frog said:

True.

True. But now I see they have it together enough even from their extreme their position to provide 500,000 test kit swabs and materials to the USA. So I guess the question becomes now: Just who is more dysfunctional? Till now I still would have thought Italy. Not any more.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2020/03/us-air-force-flew-half-million-coronavirus-test-kits-italy-tennessee/163879/

Hi, everyone. Hope you are all staying healthy and safe.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Friskyfrog said:

Same to you and your loved ones!

Don’t be a stranger 

23 minutes ago, Friskyfrog said:

So far everything OK here. Bad thing is son is an advanced care medic at the research/teaching hospital in town so he gets sent to serious places. Plus he's a medic in the Canadian Forces which could mean being called up for medical field work as well. I'm a bit worried about that.

I'm not a Skyper sort of person, but at 90 FIL (well ex-FIL now I guess but I love him--can't remember if you were still around here when E. died but I think you were) in Austin is essentially locked in his room. So spent an hour this afternoon videochatting. Will set up a sched soon.

He can go to the front door of the place and talk to his children in Austin across a ten foot line outside. No one is allowed inside. No meals except those brought to door of room and since his wife died recently that means he is totally on his own alone. No games. No movies (they have a nice internal theatre). No nothing much at all except to walk singly around a small park inside the fence or singly in the halls.

Don't be a stranger (#2). Hope all is/stays well for you.

8 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

Same to you and your loved ones!

Don’t be a stranger 

Dangerfrog is flying back from Germany tomorrow (he has been working on contract for Dept of Defense there since September of 2018). Lil Frisky is home from OU for Spring Break and will now have to go back and get her stuff. Our happy empty nest is fixin’ to get very cozy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Mrs. Turk, Addy, and I are fully hunkered.

• Like (+1) 1

This is a couple of years old, so the discussion has nothing to do with COVID-19, but it’s a classic:

3 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

This is a couple of years old, so the discussion has nothing to do with COVID-19, but it’s a classic:

The worst part is he didn’t wash his freaking hands. 

Thanks, friends, for worrying about me. I'm beginning to hear the Frog Horn at the end of the tunnel after over a week of feeling more ill than I have in my entire life. I got sick from a reaction to my rheumatoid arthritis medication infusion on March 10 and had to spend a few days in the hospital. While there, I spiked a fever and got a cough. However, there were no coronavirus tests available for me, even though my doctor wanted one to confirm her suspicions. So, they sent me home to make room for people who had already been diagnosed. Still sick now with a fever and cough, but just doing self-care at home. I think the worst is over for me 🤞, but the affects of it will linger a while. I mostly just wanted to get back to my Harvey dog. He's good medicine. I'll pop in again as I can. Love you all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 5

So in this time of crisis, each of us must step up and contribute to the common welfare.  It’s an inherent part of the social contract that we do our part. No sacrifice is too small.

I, for one, have NOT shirked my duty.  In light of potential supply chain disruptions, I am making maximum use of any long stored frozen food leftovers.  

In other words, I’m thawing out some brisket.

You’re welcome.  

No, seriously... hold your applause, please.  

• Haha  (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

You’re welcome.  

No, seriously... hold your applause, please.  

Not so fast my friend... You are forgetting something!

The next time you find yourself down in Rockport/Port Aransas/Aransas Pass, take the detour. The spicy garlic dill. You're welcome.

https://www.picklesmith.com/

(I loathe the fact that they don't have a webstore on the site set up! The previously mentioned pickles and their habanero mango jam/jelly/marmalade/crack cocaine would be making regular cross country trips.)

2 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Thanks, friends, for worrying about me. I'm beginning to hear the Frog Horn at the end of the tunnel after over a week of feeling more ill than I have in my entire life. I got sick from a reaction to my rheumatoid arthritis medication infusion on March 10 and had to spend a few days in the hospital. While there, I spiked a fever and got a cough. However, there were no coronavirus tests available for me, even though my doctor wanted one to confirm her suspicions. So, they sent me home to make room for people who had already been diagnosed. Still sick now with a fever and cough, but just doing self-care at home. I think the worst is over for me 🤞, but the affects of it will linger a while. I mostly just wanted to get back to my Harvey dog. He's good medicine. I'll pop in again as I can. Love you all.

So sorry to hear you're sick.

Re. testing...we're now at the point in the US most places--the NW being one of them--where testing really isn't as valuable any more. The ability to trace contacts and isolate them is getting swamped by too much community transmission now stemming from the earlier failures to test.

• Thanks (+1) 1