Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Army Frog Fan

Touchdown Club

9 posts in this topic

I certainly would never want to watch a game from down there. Have no idea if it will be a good place to eat and do business before the game starts.

I've never understood why, for football, the seats close to the field are the expensive, desired seats.  I guess you maybe get a bit more "atmosphere" but it's a terrible vantage point for actually watching the game.

22 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I've never understood why, for football, the seats close to the field are the expensive, desired seats.  I guess you maybe get a bit more "atmosphere" but it's a terrible vantage point for actually watching the game.

My buddy won "Field Seats" for the Alamo Bowl. They were basically chairs on a riser in the corner of the end zone. The view was terrible, although it was kind of cool as a one-time deal. But yeah, I don't really get the appeal to those close to the field seats either.

Your pricier club seats are usually mid-fieldish in the 2nd/3rd level of stadiums these days.  Like AGCS.  We've got those suites in the SEZ (which arent down low) because at the time (before the rebuild) that's the only place they could put them.  The Touchdown Club, as I understand it, is not a seating area.  it's strictly a club.  Anybody in the stadium with tickets can access it, if they want to pony up the additional cash.  That's different from the club seating on the west side, where the seating and the club are a set.

I've heard it was alright. Especially for really hot/ cold games. To me its not worth the price though. Maybe when I get a little older/ crankier.

13 hours ago, MercenaryLibrarian said:

My buddy won "Field Seats" for the Alamo Bowl. They were basically chairs on a riser in the corner of the end zone. The view was terrible, although it was kind of cool as a one-time deal. But yeah, I don't really get the appeal to those close to the field seats either.

My cousin works for a place that gets local dfw pro sports tickets all the time so he invites me several times a year. We got to go to one of the ground suites at Jerry World for a Cowboys game one time. We both decided that they sucked. View is horrible and we were glad we didn't have to pay anything for them. To think that people pay big bucks for them is beyond amazing.