Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gofrogs152

Prayers requested

93 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Tyler and family continue to be in my prayers. 

Sunday update: There were only nine adults in our little cowboy church Bible study this morning, but the other eight heard about Tyler and he's being prayed for.

Edited by FrogAbroad

The latest update from 152.

"[We've] had a lot going on trying to coordinate visits with his out of town friends, hospice visits, and just trying to spend as much time together as possible.  He's actually doing pretty well but it gets overwhelming at times."

4 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

The latest update from 152.

"[We've] had a lot going on trying to coordinate visits with his out of town friends, hospice visits, and just trying to spend as much time together as possible.  He's actually doing pretty well but it gets overwhelming at times."

I've never met 152 but can feel the pain.   Breaks my heart.  

Continued prayers sent

24 minutes ago, RedHill said:

I've never met 152 but can feel the pain.   Breaks my heart.  

Continued prayers sent

A very nice person, who does not deserve to go through this.

22 minutes ago, Endless Purple said:

A very nice person, who does not deserve to go through this.

PLEASE...let "152" know that Tyler, his family, his friends are in our thoughts and in our prayers. 

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:08 PM, FrogAbroad said:

PLEASE...let "152" know that Tyler, his family, his friends are in our thoughts and in our prayers. 

152 said thank you for the thoughts and prayers from the board.  They are just trying to enjoy the time together right now.

Part of this update I got from 152 yesterday cracked me up. I love that they are having some fun together.

We are doing ok.  We increased his gabapentin which has helped reduce his pain.  He has two new tumors and the others are growing, so he's getting shorter of breath now.  But mostly he's in good spirits.  Our new thing is to go to open houses on the weekend.  We got tired of watching HGTV so we decided to take it live and go to open houses and then critique them. :)  We've been checking out waterfront homes on the Chesapeake Bay and we've had a lot of fun doing it.

Thank you for the update, PD.  Please assure 152 of continued prayers on behalf of Tyler and the entire family.

2 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Part of this update I got from 152 yesterday cracked me up. I love that they are having some fun together.

We are doing ok.  We increased his gabapentin which has helped reduce his pain.  He has two new tumors and the others are growing, so he's getting shorter of breath now.  But mostly he's in good spirits.  Our new thing is to go to open houses on the weekend.  We got tired of watching HGTV so we decided to take it live and go to open houses and then critique them. :)  We've been checking out waterfront homes on the Chesapeake Bay and we've had a lot of fun doing it.

This story warms my heart.  I'm glad that they are finding moments of joy. 

7 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

What a tough mother effer. That shit is inspiring. 

For real. I just love the image of them going out to these luxury homes and shopping them. Tyler's doing this whole thing his way and not letting the disease dictate. 

Thank you everyone for the all the messages, prayers and good thoughts.  I lurk around the board but haven't really posted because what the hell do you say?  I appreciate PD's and Endless Purple's periodic check ins.  Right now he's doing ok, pain is fairly well controlled and he's more short of breath at times, but so far doesn't need oxygen.  We are having fun going to our open houses and wish shopping.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a gorgeous day here so we are going to lunch at a waterfront crab restaurant and then going to another open house on the water. And Tyler has watched way too much HGTV, he is by far the biggest critic of us all. He is forever channeling his inner Mike Holmes.

This is especially for PD:  This is the house we want.  Actually, the house itself kinda sucks, but the lot is surrounded on 3 sides by water.  We were there on a beautiful sunny day with a ton of sailboats out.  I don't actually fish, but you could actually fish from your yard.  So all I need is a million dollars and then we can buy this, tear down the current house and then build something much more functional.  Easy-peasy.  Need to go buy some lottery tickets.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/236-Bar-Harbor-Rd_Pasadena_MD_21122_M61324-71584

This is the house we are checking out tomorrow.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7536-Rock-Creek-Way_Pasadena_MD_21122_M54537-38750

Thank you, 152, for allowing us to be even a very small part of Tyler's life.  Many of us are praying regularly, daily, for him...and for you...and for your entire family.  EP and PD serve faithfully and well as THF liaisons, allowing your family the privacy you need and still keeping the rest of us informed well enough to pray intelligently and specifically.  Be assured of our concern, and if there's any more we can do, we will be here for Tyler and family.

You could learn to fish, girl! It really eases tension and stress. I think that place on the water is perfect for you. The house has potential. Definitely needs a new kitchen/dining/great room remodel. 

The house Tyler picked for this weekend looks so dumpy from outside, but WOW when you open the door! Your boy has good taste. :)

Thanks for the personal update. So nice to hear from you. Richmond Frog was joining you last night for a glass of wine to celebrate the Frogs. 

24 minutes ago, FrogAbroad said:

Thank you, 152, for allowing us to be even a very small part of Tyler's life.  Many of us are praying regularly, daily, for him...and for you...and for your entire family.  EP and PD serve faithfully and well as THF liaisons, allowing your family the privacy you need and still keeping the rest of us informed well enough to pray intelligently and specifically.  Be assured of our concern, and if there's any more we can do, we will be here for Tyler and family.

THIS!