Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gofrogs152

Prayers requested

93 posts in this topic

Tyler looks good, 152. All the care he's getting at home while recuperating from the treatments really shows. He'll beat this challenge and return to school before you know it. 

4 hours ago, froginaustin said:

Please keep this board advised on Tyler's situation.

+4.

I have 152's permission to share this. 

"Unfortunately the Chest CT found two new tumors in his chest.  It's pretty devastating news for us.  They did a PET scan and a bone scan and didn't find signs of any other cancer, so he is having surgery Wednesday at 1 pm to hopefully remove these latest tumors.  He won't do the clinical trial anymore.  Obviously it wasn't working and apparently a 15 year old boy died while on the study (pray for that poor family).  So we are probably going back to chemotherapy, but will have to wait a couple of weeks until after the surgery to allow him to heal."

Will definitely continue to pray for Tyler and his family.

Hoping for good news to come Wednesday, and the better news of never having to read an update like this in the future. Stay strong and beat this, Tyler.

Oh, no.  There are just no words.  Praying that the surgery was successful and you have a good night's sleep.

Tragic news from Tyler's mom...

When they did the surgery yesterday they found a tumor on his heart that they can't remove. He could try some additional chemo or something else that might slightly prolong his life, but Tyler would rather spend the time he has left not in the hospital and dealing with the side effects of treatment.  So he has told them no more treatment and he probably has a few months left. 

17 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

When they did the surgery yesterday they found a tumor on his heart that they can't remove. He could try some additional chemo or something else that might slightly prolong his life, but Tyler would rather spend the time he has left not in the hospital and dealing with the side effects of treatment.  So he has told them no more treatment and he probably has a few months left. 

Stay strong buddy. 

1 hour ago, PurpleDawg said:

Just wow, stay strong young man and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

5 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

My thoughts and prayers go out to Tyler and the whole family. Such terrible news and such a courageous response.  Enjoy every moment of these last months!

I was stunned when I read PD's post...and my heart still aches from the news.  Please express to Tyler my promise to continue praying for him and his entire family...for comfort, for courage, for stamina, for peace...all those things needed from day to day to make the most of each precious 24 hours.

Bumping this for Sunday morning prayers and reflection. If your church has a prayer list, consider adding Tyler and his family to it. 

A Tyler update. He was hospitalized for pneumonia last week. 

"The pneumonia is improving and the pain pump has been very helpful.  He had several childhood friends fly in this weekend to visit and he has more coming this weekend.  He is feeling better, though he is sleeping a lot.  We are hoping to maybe turn down the dosage on the pain pump today with the hope of eventually getting him off of it, but we will just have to see.  Right now my primary goal is to make sure he is as comfortable as possible." 

"...we've both [152 and Tyler's dad] taken indefinite leave from work.  Want to spend as much time with him as possible and there's actually a lot to do with cleaning out his apartment, making arrangements with hospice, etc."