Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
old scribe

The continuing saga of Baylor Athletics

2,851 posts in this topic

Did I somehow eliminate the entire thread about Baylor? I had a screwed up attempt to replty to something, and I may have erased the whole thread. Mea culpa, if so. Can a techie person undo this?

For those who have an access to it, I recommend the Star-Telegram's front page (and jump) story about the rest of the stuff that the BU scandal may well lead to as it comes out and folks react to it. Meanwhile, somebody please figure out what happened to the original thread on Baylor, which I inadvertently torpedoed.

39 minutes ago, old scribe said:

For those who have an access to it, I recommend the Star-Telegram's front page (and jump) story about the rest of the stuff that the BU scandal may well lead to as it comes out and folks react to it. Meanwhile, somebody please figure out what happened to the original thread on Baylor, which I inadvertently torpedoed.

Even you are part of the cover up!?!?!?

How deep does this go!?!?!?

Not trying to create any bad karma but just want to follow what is happening with recruits from the class of 2016 (recent signees) and class of 2017 (especially commits):

To catch up:

2016: So far no signees have been released from their LOI and it is possibly none will be so any moves would have to be through the transfer process. The downside for fellow B12 programs that may be potential destinations are not only will they be required to sit one year but also would fall under the intra-conference transfer rules and they would lose a year of eligibility. Most likely any transfers would be to programs outside of the conference.

A lot will change with these recruits as they get better information and have a chance to process all that has happened.

That being said several in the class have requested a waiver of their letter-of-intent and TCU on the early lists to land several:

Kam Martin: RB fro Port Arthur became a beacon for the signing class for Baylor and had a large BU tattoo on his arm has requested to be released from his LOI. TCU, Misery and Texas. Will not enroll for first summer session per reports.

Parrish Cobb: CB and former OU commit will not enroll first session also and TCU appears to be on the top of his list if released from LOI. If not probably SEC.

Other signees requesting release: Patrick Hudson, top OL recruit with UT most likely destination if released, LSU or other SEC if not, not planning on enrolling. JP Urquidez OL has said he is not going to enroll at BU and definitely going elsewhere, TCU potential landing spot but most likely Texas or TAMU. WR and speedster Devin Duvernay delaying enrollment and TCU was close on him. DE Brandon Bowen may still enroll first session but has asked for a release.

2017: Class has completely fallen apart for Baylor with only top QB recruit Kellen Mond and Stafford High athlete Jalen Pitre  still committed and Mond who is transferring to IMG Academy has already hinted and de-committing. Pitre's teammate at Stafford, Hezekiah Jones has decided to go elsewhere.

Of the decommits, two high on TCU:

WR Hezekiah Jones 6-1/195/4.4 Houston, TX (Stafford) 

@_hezekiahh

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2492706/highlights/295391376

TE Kedrick James 6-6/250/4.69 Waco (LaVega) 

@kedrickjames044

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3577009/kedrick-james

I've heard you can expect the Duvernay brothers and Bowen, should they get release. I'd be shocked if the NCAA didn't force Baylor to allow it.

7 minutes ago, DangerFrog said:

I've heard you can expect the Duvernay brothers and Bowen, should they get release. I'd be shocked if the NCAA didn't force Baylor to allow it.

I hear that a lot about the NCAA but that is highly unlikely to happen, at least not any time soon. A quick settlement between the NCAA and Baylor on any potential infractions is not going happen with the huge changes in leadership for the school. NCAA investigation most likely will lat well into next season and they cannot force anything without some cause and firing a coach is not enough.

If Baylor digs in on these recruits as many are reporting do not expect any in-conference transfers.

Speaking of how Baylor sucks, check out this post from Baylorfans.  This is a masterpiece of offensiveness on so many different level.

Yep, here we go, a do gooder. Why don't we look at these girls and there ignorance. Sure I hate that they were assaulted but what did they expect would happen going out with the kind of players they were with. Did their naive parents never tell them about the culture these players grow up in? That women are something they can toss around since that is what they saw growing up. I agree that our coaches did a horrible job in culling out the thugs but I've taught my girls to never put yourselves in a situation where you are in danger......seems these girls begged of it by going out with these thugs........Baylor is supposed to be a Christian school...so why weren't they taught that God said to be equally yoked....Baylor obviously has become too liberal and this love see no color crap bit us all in the butt.

That guy is the kind that would go scorched earth and do something really stupid if his daughter was sexually assaulted. Something really stupid. 

Not that he'd even know, though. 

1 minute ago, Luke Chisolm said:

That guy is the kind that would go scorched earth and do something really stupid if his daughter was sexually assaulted. Something rally stupid. 

Not it that he'd even know, though. 

But, what if that isn't a guy? Instead, it may be a mom with daughters who has taught that perverse crap to. That's an even more sickening thought to me.