Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FeistyFrog

2018 Recruiting thread sponsored by the TCU Show Window

252 posts in this topic

New TCU commit HiDari Ceasar. We are his first and only offer. Recently camped at TCU and MSU. Ran a 4.38 at the MSU camp and similar time at TCU camp. GMFP wants him at CB or S.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Stephens Jr (Ath) commits. It will be very interesting to see what Patternson does with him.

 

3-Star

Athlete (WR/DE)

6-5, 205 lbs

Offers from Miss St, Arizona St, and more. Was being heavily recruited by Ole Miss, Tech, and Arkie.

 

This kid could be very special. Has great hands and  a 7 foot wingspan...

 

Edit: confirmed that WR will be has primary position. Had 40 receptions, 700 yrds, and 11 TD's last season. A project but extremely high upside. With a 36" vert and 7 ft wingspan, this guy could develop into an absolute nightmare in the redzone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Louisiana commit! Eat shit Orgeron.

 

Eddie Smith

CB

6'0, 180 lbs

Had 21 offers including Georgia, Ole Miss, Miss St, Okie St, Tenn, Louisville, Utah, VT, and Tech. Was being recruited hard by LSU. 

 

This guy is Patterson's ideal cornerback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And another! 

 

Chase Van Wagoner

WR

6-1, 175 lbs

Had 28 offers including ASU, Zona, BSU, Miss St, Ole Miss, Wisc, and more.

 

Very underrated WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AAAAAAAND another!

 

Kris Dike

OT

6-5, 290 lbs

Had 8 offers including Okie St, CU, UH, SMU and more.

 

Coach Thomsen like recruiting players like  Dike (Tall, rangy, quick, and has plenty of room to grow). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RedHill said:

giphy.gif

 

 

 

Thanks SF!!

 

You've done a great job keeping us updated with recruiting since that other guy left!

 

Unlike the other guy, I don't do it for the attention and pretend to be an "expert". Nor will I leave the board because I'm not getting enough attention

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

You get up early on a Sunday morning for a young man, SuperT. 😄

 

Or goes to bed really late on a Saturday night 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperToad said:

 

Unlike the other guy, I don't do it for the attention and pretend to be an "expert". Nor will I leave the board because I'm not getting enough attention

 

Or get butt hurt when someone else has a nugget of knowledge that you didn't know about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, frogtwang said:

 

Or goes to bed really late on a Saturday night 😉

 

6 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

You get up early on a Sunday morning for a young man, SuperT. 😄

 

Its a balancing act being young and employed 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

 

Or get butt hurt when someone else has a nugget of knowledge that you didn't know about. 

 

Yep. I think we can all agree he was a bit of a pompous prick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SuperToad said:

 

Yep. I think we can all agree he was a bit of a pompous prick.

Not ALL of us. He's a friend of mine.  Feel free to modify your statement.  Very uncalled for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zebra Frog said:

Not ALL of us. He's a friend of mine.  Feel free to modify your statement.  Very uncalled for.

 

Sorry. Did not mean to offend. I perhaps took it a step too far. I'm sure he's a good guy in person if you two are close friends. But he's done his fair share of rubbing people the wrong way with his online persona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

Not ALL of us. He's a friend of mine.  Feel free to modify your statement.  Very uncalled for.

 

13 hours ago, SuperToad said:

 

Sorry. Did not mean to offend. I perhaps took it a step too far. I'm sure he's a good guy in person if you two are close friends. But he's done his fair share of rubbing people the wrong way with his online persona.

 

This... very well could be a nice guy in real life, but no one likes an internet tough guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would classify a poster calling somebody a "pompous prick" as being an internet tough guy as well, but I guess that is ok since I'm the only one that said I thought it was out of line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

I would classify a poster calling somebody a "pompous prick" as being an internet tough guy as well, but I guess that is ok since I'm the only one that said I thought it was out of line. 

 

fair enough... FF just rubbed quite a few people the wrong way (though to be fair, so does @crunch and I love him)... no biggie. I do miss his recruting posts however. Glad a few others have stepped up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

 

fair enough... FF just rubbed quite a few people the wrong way (though to be fair, so does @crunch and I love him)... no biggie. I do miss his recruting posts however. Glad a few others have stepped up.

 

I miss his recruiting posts too.  I will say that his online personality was a little thin skinned and prone to creating drama.  Probably a great guy in person though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

I would classify a poster calling somebody a "pompous prick" as being an internet tough guy as well, but I guess that is ok since I'm the only one that said I thought it was out of line. 

 

It's not like a challenged him to a fight at Frog Fountain...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperToad said:

 

It's not like a challenged him to a fight at Frog Fountain...

 

Or meetings in parking lots like some infamous board owners...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willie Allen (OT who LSU blocked from transferring to TCU) will enroll at Tyler JUCO. Read into that however you like. That does allow him to come to TCU the following season and play immediately. If it does go down like that, he would have 3 to play 3. Would be a huge addition along with Connor Mayes to shore up the line the season after this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SuperToad said:

Willie Allen (OT who LSU blocked from transferring to TCU) will enroll at Tyler JUCO. Read into that however you like. That does allow him to come to TCU the following season and play immediately. If it does go down like that, he would have 3 to play 3. Would be a huge addition along with Connor Mayes to shore up the line the season after this one.

 

Yeah, we are losing 4 seniors starters after this year.  Schlottman, Noteboom, Morris and Pryor will all graduate.  That is a lot of experience to lose. Allen would be a third year player and Connor will be a fifth year senior so that will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BOOM. Commit #12!!

 

Ben Wilson 

LB

6-2, 220 lbs

Had 17 offers including UCLA, Zona, ASU, L'Ville, Oregon St, Utah, and Cal, among others. Was being heavily recruited by Oregon, Stanford and UWash.

 

Huge pick up. This guy is a BEAST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.