Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

24 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Cornyn on health care voting:  Majority Whip Sen. John Cornyn downplayed questions about widespread confusion [re. what is going to be put on the floor by the Senate leadership].  "This wanting to know before you start voting what the final product is going to look like is strange," Cornyn said,...

:o

Sounds similar...

quote-but-we-have-to-pass-the-bill-so-yo

2 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Cornyn on health care voting:  Majority Whip Sen. John Cornyn downplayed questions about widespread confusion [re. what is going to be put on the floor by the Senate leadership].  "This wanting to know before you start voting what the final product is going to look like is strange," Cornyn said,...

irony_meter.gif

On 7/21/2017 at 6:25 PM, Newbomb Turk said:

No, Aidy Bryant is Sara Huckabee-Sanders, the new Press Secretary.  

I could totally see Melissa McCarthy as Scaramucci, the new Communications Director.  (Spicey was basically wearing both hats.)

If they can get McCarthy to do a Sanders impression on occasion (and its half way decent), they'd bench Bryant in a NY minute.  Just like Trump - Darrell Hammond, former cast member and current announcer, does a damn good Trump impression and has done it for years on SNL.  But he doesnt have Alec Baldwin's name recognition.

1 minute ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

If they can get McCarthy to do a Sanders impression on occasion, they'd bench Bryant in a NY minute.  Just like Trump - Darrell Hammond, former cast member and current announcer, does a damn good Trump impression.  But he doesnt have Alec Baldwin's name recognition.

This season was definitely a mixed blessing for the current cast.  Ratings are great, but largely on the backs of people who aren't them ...

19 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Kate McKinnon is a national treasure.

I agree.  I think they've got some funny people on the cast, but their time on stage was greatly limited this year compared to previous years.  You figure there was at least one and usually two skits each episode devoted to Baldwin and/or McCarthy ... that's at least a quarter of the show once you take out the monologue, musical act and Weekend Update ...

Just now, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

I clearly remember a bill with text--lots of it--on the table before the vote. Here there isn't even a text on the table.

My memory says there was a massive amendment (hundreds of pages) added within an hour of the vote.  

D & R: 2 sides of the same coin.

Yeah, although there are some "what's in it" similarities, it's been a pretty different process this time. Much more clandestine and behind the scenes, which was McConnell's obvious strategy.  Hearings and committees and details would have bogged it down and risked public outcry.  He ended up getting that anyway, but a covert operation was his best shot.  And using reconciliation and only needing 50 votes is another big difference. 

9 minutes ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

Yeah, although there are some "what's in it" similarities, it's been a pretty different process this time. Much more clandestine and behind the scenes, which was McConnell's obvious strategy.  Hearings and committees and details would have bogged it down and risked public outcry.  He ended up getting that anyway, but a covert operation was his best shot.  And using reconciliation and only needing 50 votes is another big difference. 

Didn't the dems use reconciliation too? That said, I still see differences.

Maybe by design, but I doubt it, McConnell's stumbling through an unfamiliar house in the dark act will lead to the illusion of attempts (that they can try to sell back home), and the final implosion of ACA (as predicted). 

As for me, I'm dropping my insurance at the end of the year.  

4 hours ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

Trump Twitter-barrages his own AG Sessions, gives a highly political speech... to the Boy Scouts. Still will be popular with his base. Starting to wonder if Trump really will shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue, just to test his theory.

That Jamboree speech was something else ...