Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleDawg

The Music Thread

1,753 posts in this topic

^^Yes, and that' pretty cute.

EDIT: The answer is "Actors who also sing professionally." Thanks for playing, Duq and RSK.

3 hours ago, RedHill said:

Holy cow, this kid is 12 years old

Amazing...SRV woulda been proud...

It's time again to play Mystery Music Connection: What do these songs have in common? Remember, if you think you know the answer, post a video of a song that's also in the category, but don't reveal the answer. I'll let you know if your video fits.

Here's the first clue.

3 hours ago, FrogAbroad said:

I never could remember which one was Kool...

Kool is Robert Earl Bell according to Wiki. If you posted this to play the game, you're slightly off, but are on the right plane. 

2 hours ago, Feeling Froggy said:

You got it!

I'm not as clever with these categories as I think I am. 

4 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Kool is Robert Earl Bell according to Wiki. If you posted this to play the game, you're slightly off, but are on the right plane. 

I have no earthly idea what the game is all about, PD.  Yes, I'm aware there IS a game, but my taste in music is so far from the mainstream it's like being in the Gobi.

Just now, FrogAbroad said:

I have no earthly idea what the game is all about, PD.  Yes, I'm aware there IS a game, but my taste in music is so far from the mainstream it's like being in the Gobi.

Is that a club on the Sarstoon River?

Just now, FrogAbroad said:

Oh, I will explain a little better. 

The first person posts a music video that he/she has determined fits into an arbitrary category they've thought up and researched only slightly. That video is the first clue. Subsequent players (who are much more clever than the original poster has been giving them credit for) will then quickly figure out the category and post their own video in the same category to continue the game. If that player's video correctly matches the category, the OP will tell them so and the video serves as a clue for the rest of the players. 

Example: The first game we played, I posted Kevin Spacey singing "Somewhere Beyond the Sea". The next clue was Kevin Bacon singing a song with his band, the Bacon Brothers. Duq posted a video of his crush, Zooey Deschanel singing some little song. RSK posted Bruce Willis singing "Respect Yourself". All of these were within the category of Actors Who Also Sing Professionally. 

The clues for this week's game surely reach back to some of your younger days, no?

1 minute ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

Oh.....I thought that category was 'Singers Who have Never Been in My Kitchen'.

Hey! A new category to try. 

20 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

The clues for this week's game surely reach back to some of your younger days, no?

Uh...no, not really.  But thanks for taking the time to explain. It really wasn't necessary but I appreciate it all the same.

2 hours ago, FrogAbroad said:

Uh...no, not really.  But thanks for taking the time to explain. It really wasn't necessary but I appreciate it all the same.

Well, when you think you might know what the answer is one of these days, please jump in and play with us.