Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

TV Thread

I thought this season of House of Cards was the weakest so far.  (Better than 90% of the stuff on television, however.)

Mrs. Turk didn't care much for the new OITNB, but I really liked it.  Apparently, they're under contract for two more seasons.

2 hours ago, gofrogs152 said:

Don't know if it's already been posted here, but the BBC series "The Tunnel" is really excellent.  Season 1 is available on either Netflix or Amazon (can't remember which).  We are currently watching Season 2 on PBS.

It doesn't look like my thing, but I've seen the female lead, Clemence Poesy, in many of the Shakespeare and other BBC stuff I watch and she's very good.

14 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

It doesn't look like my thing, but I've seen the female lead, Clemence Poesy, in many of the Shakespeare and other BBC stuff I watch and she's very good.

The Swedish/Danish show, The Bridge, which looks like what The Tunnel is based on, was very good, but reading is required, unless you know the languages.

The El Paso/Juárez version was also called The Bridge and was aired on FX for two seasons but it was a horrible let down after having seen the original. (I would say it was merely okay, if judging it purely by itself and not against what it was copying. Maybe 7-7.5 out of a possible 10, but both versions of the story had a much stronger first season than second.)

I was unaware of the BBC also ripping the story off and will have to give it a shot, but after the first remake, I am skeptical.

6 hours ago, Feeling Froggy said:

The Swedish/Danish show, The Bridge, which looks like what The Tunnel is based on, was very good, but reading is required, unless you know the languages.

The El Paso/Juárez version was also called The Bridge and was aired on FX for two seasons but it was a horrible let down after having seen the original. (I would say it was merely okay, if judging it purely by itself and not against what it was copying. Maybe 7-7.5 out of a possible 10, but both versions of the story had a much stronger first season than second.)

I was unaware of the BBC also ripping the story off and will have to give it a shot, but after the first remake, I am skeptical.

The El Paso bridge version was horrible.  My husband and I both love The Tunnel.  Great actors and story moves along very well. 

1) I keep reading stuff about people being surprised that that was Arya wearing a Frey skin-mask.  I knew it as soon as the scene opened.

2) Whose head will be Euron's gift to Cersei?  Tyrion's? Ellaria's?

3) Who knew Ed Sheeran is a Lannister soldier?

4) You had to know that the showrunners wouldn't give us an amicable Stark sibling reunion

1. Yeah. Tots obvi. 

2. Not Tyrion. Hopefully the other. 

3. That was the worst kept secret during the off season (not necessarily the character, but the cameo).

4. Strife builds drama, but will come to naught. #DaKingInDaNorf!

Holy Dragons! If you want to be really, really GoT spoiled, this site is for you. All the information, with confirmation of the leaks, all in one place. Pictures from the set, back-up quotes from extras, videos from journalists, reports from fans in the remote filming locations. It's very juicy and proves this season will be lots of fun.

http://green-chili.blogspot.ca/2017/03/got-season-7-episode-guide.html

Did Hot Pie get fatter? That kid is huge! Guess with that name you can't blame him. 

I'm reading lots of after-the-episode commentary and everyone is picking up on the slightest hint of foreshadowing, just like the "I'm a survivor" line. For book readers with good memories, it's like Christmas, too, with so many tiny plot points coming together. The Easter eggs are also nutty. Did y'all know that the one eared black cat Arya chases through the Red Keep in season one is actually old King Balerion? He warged into the cat at his death to stay around and mess with people. He steals a piece of quail right out of Tywin Lannister's hand at dinner once. King Robert thought it was hysterical.