Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

TV Thread

I decided we needed a whole thread dedicated to what shows we're watching, the 70's sit-coms Boston is watching and other TV stuff.

I'll go first. Any other Game of Thrones fans here besides Duquie and me? I love me some Dany T and her dragon babies!

In terms of "prestige TV," I'm watching:

Mad Men, haven't watched most recent episode

Silicon Valley, caught up

That's all I have going right now in terms of serials. I watch every Portlandia, too, and New Girl and Modern Family, but they're not really in the same category. I'm about half a season behind on Parks and Rec. I've seen every episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia about 400 times, and I DVR Workaholics but rarely watch it. I do Stewart/Colbert/@midnight in the evenings. I have the latest season of Sherlock on DVR, but since the first episode is two hours long, my wife and I have never sat down to watch it. Our opportunity to watch two straight hours of TV uninterrupted comes along pretty much never. 

Also, when they're running, I watch:

Girls

Louie 

Orange Is the New Black

Project Runway! 

Is that it? That might be it. I've cut my TV watching way down since the glory days of the Sopranos/Big Love/30 Rock era. Tonight is Mary Tyler Moore Night on MeTV, though. I'm usually good for at least one of those. Other than that, it's pretty much just sports and endless kids' shows on Netflix.  

I'm out on Girls. Realized that none of the characters are people I'd be interested in in real life, so waste time on them on tv.

Waiting for some T&A from Brian Williams's daughter. Once I get that, I'll judge whether or not the show is worthy of following. Need some sort of censor for Lena Dunham's doughy ass. Seriously, how could an ass that size go with such small tits? Good thing she's clever, I guess... 

I decided we needed a whole thread dedicated to what shows we're watching, the 70's sit-coms Boston is watching and other TV stuff.

I'll go first. Any other Game of Thrones fans here besides Duquie and me? I love me some Dany T and her dragon babies!

Feel bad for Sansa ... not sure her new situation is much better than her old one. And Dany needs to get her a damn navy if she's going to take over Westeros. All those eunuchs can't walk on water ...

Feel bad for Sansa ... not sure her new situation is much better than her old one. And Dany needs to get her a damn navy if she's going to take over Westeros. All those eunuchs can't walk on water ...

Agreed about Sansa. Don't ever trust Little Finger, although he was in love with her mom. But, I'm confused about him because I thought he played for the other team.

I have such a girl crush on Dany. She can nail that slave language and it's hot when she exhorts another tribe to rise up to their overlords. But, she needs to get her adolescent children in hand before they make crispy critters of the wrong people.

I can't believe I forgot about Mad Men! With no wifi of my own right now I'm having to go to the library to stream any TV I want to see. Thanks for the heads up, Boston. Has it started off well this season?

What's on MP Classic, Newbomb? Are you watching Call the Midwife? Excellent show!

Mr. Selfridge.

Mrs. Turk is watching Call the Midwife. I gave it the old college try, but the examination of the syphilitic trollop in episode 1 kinda put me off.

Agreed about Sansa. Don't ever trust Little Finger, although he was in love with her mom. But, I'm confused about him because I thought he played for the other team.

I have such a girl crush on Dany. She can nail that slave language and it's hot when she exhorts another tribe to rise up to their overlords. But, she needs to get her adolescent children in hand before they make crispy critters of the wrong people.

I can't believe I forgot about Mad Men! With no wifi of my own right now I'm having to go to the library to stream any TV I want to see. Thanks for the heads up, Boston. Has it started off well this season?

Pretty good. Not earth shattering, but solid. It had been a while.

Turk, I love Selfridge! Jeremy Piven is super in that roll. I've cheated and watched the entire season 2 online. It's very good.

CtM can be a little graphic. Glad Mrs. T has stuck with it. It's more of a ladies' show anyway.