Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, SFA Frog said:

I'm too old and fat to be riding shit (or even to be walking around) Six Flags with three boys ages 9-12...

I did Hurricane Harbor from 11- 3, then 6 Flags from 330 till 930, yesterday. With Jack 5, and cousins Parker 9 and Tanner 15.  Loved it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

She's so beautiful! But, I still think she needs a tiny life vest.

 

Since she normally stays buried--even burrowed--inside and since I never take her out unless the winds are fairly low (worst gust yesterday was not even 25 knots and worst heel was only 30 degrees) I'm not too worried about her going overboard. Plus I always have her tethered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

 

Hopefully Tony Soprano will visit you some night, fit you out with some special boots, and take you swimming.

 

If it makes you feel better, her hips and femurs were already broken in 8 or 10 pieces by a car once. Surely that's enough even for you!

 

 

Tony Soprano.  East coast puss.

 

 

And I wasnt driving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

 

Since she normally stays buried--even burrowed--inside and since I never take her out unless the winds are fairly low (worst gust yesterday was not even 25 knots and worst heel was only 30 degrees) I'm not too worried about her going overboard. Plus I always have her tethered.

These are all good things. Still, you'd insist on a child having a life vest and pets deserve the same consideration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

 

Actually if the child was below decks I wouldn't. PFDs hamper escape from a flooded compartment.

Isn't it against the law for a child to be on a boat without one, at least in the US?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Isn't it against the law for a child to be on a boat without one, at least in the US?

There has to be one available. If the boat is open it may have to be worn--absolutely should be anyway--but I'm not sure of the law here. In Canada one only has to be available.

 

Below decks can be a different issue. A number of sailors have drowned in capsized boats with their PFDs on as they cannot get underwater enough to exit by a submerged hatch. This is an especial problem with auto-inflating PFDs as they are hard to easily change into and out of once inflated. No one recommends auto-inflating PFDs for kids that I know of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else been browsing through the DirecTV channel guide and gone past that Eddie Redmayne movie that's part of the Harry Potter timeline and mistakenly read the title as "Fantastic Breasts and Where to Find Them"?

 

Because I'd darn well want to watch that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Has anyone else been browsing through the DirecTV channel guide and gone past that Eddie Redmayne movie that's part of the Harry Potter timeline and mistakenly read the title as "Fantastic Breasts and Where to Find Them"?

 

Because I'd darn well want to watch that one.

People still use Direct TV?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×