Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

33,505 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Damn...I couldn't find a club anywhere in the boat.

picture109933.jpg

Awesome!  Waiting for my cousin to get back with  me.  He works for Baker Hughes and they have him busy

6 minutes ago, Hfrog1999 said:

Making last night even worse, our smoke alarms malfunctioned at 3 am.

z4s4bfPhKQ968.gif

That happened to us a couple weeks ago.

Which was a problem because we were in Austin.  So the security company sent the fire department out.  

Just now, Radio Shack Killa said:

That happened to us a couple weeks ago.

Which was a problem because we were in Austin.  So the security company sent the fire department out.  

That sucks.

We have a monitored alarm but the ones that malfunction are the ones that were installed by the builder.  They aren't monitored but malfunction several times a year.  We'd get rid of them but they are wired into the house 

I hate smoke alarms. We damn well better have a fire one of these days to justify having those things. My dad actually took them out of my parents' house because he got so sick of them malfunctioning. 

I mean, mine have chirped and I've had to change the batteries, but in 30 years of home ownership I cannot remember them malfunctioning. 

Just now, crunch said:

I mean, mine have chirped and I've had to change the batteries, but in 30 years of home ownership I cannot remember them malfunctioning. 

Same.  Other than using it as a dinner timer a few times...

15 minutes ago, crunch said:

We had problems with ours in our last rent house. The ones we have in our current place seem to work fine. 

24 minutes ago, crunch said:

I can't remember the brand at the moment, but the ones I have are known to have false alarms.  It's maddening but they're wired into the house and I haven't figured out how to get rid of them.

They also don't just sound an alarm.  They scream FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

12 minutes ago, Hfrog1999 said:

I had ones in Waco where all the fire alarms in the house were interconnected.  If you got a little smoke in the kitchen, it sirened  throughout the house.  I'd have to go to every single room and reset each one individually.  And if I wasn't fast enough, they'd start to retrigger off of eachother.  PITA.

25 minutes ago, Hfrog1999 said:

I can't remember the brand at the moment, but the ones I have are known to have false alarms.  It's maddening but they're wired into the house and I haven't figured out how to get rid of them.

And you go around the house saying, "At what??"

39 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

Another hottie! And MIDDLE SCHOOL? 

My 8th grade reading teacher got caught in the auditorium balcony with her top off, in the arms of Julian Rocha, the starting defensive tackle on our undefeated 8th grade A football team.  

She resembled Olive Oyl from the movie.  Thankfully, it was after the season was over.  He had long, luxurious hair.  Spoke broken English, so I'm sure it was 'extra-help'.  

14 minutes ago, crunch said:

My 8th grade reading teacher got caught in the auditorium balcony with her top off, in the arms of Julian Rocha, the starting defensive tackle on our undefeated 8th grade A football team.  

She resembled Olive Oyl from the movie.  Thankfully, it was after the season was over.  He had long, luxurious hair.  Spoke broken English, so I'm sure it was 'extra-help'.  

8th grade, though. These ladies must be looking for four seconds of fun. It can't be that great an experience. 

4 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Not that much time between class periods for much more.

True. Wouldn't want the kids to be tardy. they might get in trouble.