Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

33,207 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Hfrog1999 said:

Clearly, the humor in this town is the result of being so close to Sweden.  Aint no way Norwegians come up with that on their own.

Even better....CREATED by Swedes.

Ørje is a village of about 2,000 people near the Swedish border, and the Swedish art collective Kreativiteket have delighted fans of the venerable comedy troupe, as well as every other pedestrian, by converting a crosswalk in the village into one that requires a silly walk—something that Monty Python once suggested the British government had an entire Ministry devoted to developing.

https://www.fastcocreate.com/3028834/this-silly-walk-sign-at-a-crosswalk-in-norway-is-the-future-of-traffic-management

1 hour ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

Today's my 7th anniversary at FedEx.

Hold your applause....

Did you get cake? Oh, that's right...NO CARBS FOR YOU!

13 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

I got an email.  No carbs.

I got passed over for the 10 year plaque at my last job even though I was there nearly 14 years.  People who started before and after me got theirs.

2 hours ago, Hfrog1999 said:

I got passed over for the 10 year plaque at my last job even though I was there nearly 14 years.  People who started before and after me got theirs.

How do you get passed over for time spent at a company? 

Just now, Boston Frog said:

How do you get passed over for time spent at a company? 

They had a glitch in the system and just forgot about me

milton-o.gif

6 minutes ago, Hfrog1999 said:

They had a glitch in the system and just forgot about me

milton-o.gif

You could put strychnine in the guacamole  

39 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

So they fixed the glitch?

Yeah, they screwed me for about $2,000 in commissions, which is why I quit.

stapler.gif?w=830

5 minutes ago, Hfrog1999 said:

Yeah, they screwed me for about $2,000 in commissions, which is why I quit.

And took the red Swingline stapler 

I got my 10 year thing last year.  It looks like this:

imagejpeg

10 years and I got a zip blanket.

Want unlimited wealth and power? Construct a pair of necropants! http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/objects-of-intrigue-necropants

The only surviving pair of “necropants” in the world are now located in the Museum of Icelandic Sorcery and Witchcraft in Hólmavík, Iceland. The sickly translucent pair of empty legs are standing on a bed of dull coins, which assumedly sprang forth from the desiccated scrotum hanging above. Harry Potter eat your heart out (unless that is a component of some horrible Icelandic spell).

article-2476512-18F9C6EC00000578-948_634    

From wikipedia:  

The ritual for making necropants is described as follows:[1]

If you want to make your own necropants (literally; nábrók) you have to get permission from a living man to use his skin after his death.

After he has been buried you must dig up his body and flay the skin of the corpse in one piece from the waist down. As soon as you step into the pants they will stick to your own skin. A coin must be stolen from a poor widow and placed in the scrotum along with the magical sign, nábrókarstafur, written on a piece of paper. Consequently the coin will draw money into the scrotum so it will never be empty, as long as the original coin is not removed. To ensure salvation the owner has to convince someone else to overtake the pants and step into each leg as soon as he gets out of it. The necropants will thus keep the money-gathering nature for generations.

11 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Want unlimited wealth and power? Construct a pair of necropants! http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/objects-of-intrigue-necropants

The only surviving pair of “necropants” in the world are now located in the Museum of Icelandic Sorcery and Witchcraft in Hólmavík, Iceland. The sickly translucent pair of empty legs are standing on a bed of dull coins, which assumedly sprang forth from the desiccated scrotum hanging above. Harry Potter eat your heart out (unless that is a component of some horrible Icelandic spell).

article-2476512-18F9C6EC00000578-948_634    

From wikipedia:  

The ritual for making necropants is described as follows:[1]

If you want to make your own necropants (literally; nábrók) you have to get permission from a living man to use his skin after his death.

After he has been buried you must dig up his body and flay the skin of the corpse in one piece from the waist down. As soon as you step into the pants they will stick to your own skin. A coin must be stolen from a poor widow and placed in the scrotum along with the magical sign, nábrókarstafur, written on a piece of paper. Consequently the coin will draw money into the scrotum so it will never be empty, as long as the original coin is not removed. To ensure salvation the owner has to convince someone else to overtake the pants and step into each leg as soon as he gets out of it. The necropants will thus keep the money-gathering nature for generations.

Was she a great big fat girl?

FdxslB.gif

7 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

Stay hard Mike Illitch...

Necropants opportunuty! 

25 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

Necropants opportunuty! 

Not to mention a terrible toupee to go with.