Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Friskyfrog

TGBDS: Epic Randomness

33,162 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Was parenting goal #1 just to get her born?

#1 Keep alive

#2 Don't forget or hurt her

25 minutes ago, SFA Frog said:

#1 Keep alive

You're doing great so far!

23 hours ago, SFA Frog said:

#1 Keep alive

Forgetting is no joke. Haven't done it, but I've come close 

50 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

Forgetting is no joke. Haven't done it, but I've come close 

The keeping alive thing almost didn't work out last night.  She was crying.  I laid her on my chest.  I fell asleep.  She fell asleep.  She rolled off of my chest.  I rolled over and almost on top of her because she wasn't in the cosleeper.  I'm almost 40 times her size.   I don't think it would have turned out well had my wife not woken me up.

14 minutes ago, SFA Frog said:

The keeping alive thing almost didn't work out last night.  She was crying.  I laid her on my chest.  I fell asleep.  She fell asleep.  She rolled off of my chest.  I rolled over and almost on top of her because she wasn't in the cosleeper.  I'm almost 40 times her size.   I don't think it would have turned out well had my wife not woken me up.

That's a real danger. I used to sleep with my boys on my chest all the time, but it's very dangerous. It really is. Don't ever do it on a couch. 

21 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

That's a real danger. I used to sleep with my boys on my chest all the time, but it's very dangerous. It really is. Don't ever do it on a couch. 

I try not to fall asleep holding her, but I can see that may become a problem.

9 hours ago, Boston Frog said:

I did that once. Woke up and the baby had slipped down in between cushions. Still sleeping and breathing just fine. Never made that mistake again. 

On 1/27/2017 at 11:01 PM, SFA Frog said:

I try not to fall asleep holding her, but I can see that may become a problem.

I'm 6 1/2 years in, and not falling asleep is still a problem 

Small world: I was at Chapters/Starbucks (Chapters=Barnes and Noble) reading a magazine and having a coffee when 2 rather loud students at the next table started talking about their upcoming trip to Peru. When they said they were going to drive across the Nazca lines, I butted in suggesting that that might not be such a great idea! The couple at the other nearby table started giggling and said they were from Peru with the man doing a postdoc in electrical engineering at Memorial U here. Anyway, they then proceeded to point out all the best local places for the students to go to. Also said to wait until at least Apr or better yet May to escape the rainy season.

Globalization at its best.

19 hours ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

It's all in the positioning.

That's what she said 

Another career down the drain... Being captain is great while things are working. Not so great some other times.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/politics/uss-antietam-damaged-japan/index.html

The USS Antietam, a US Navy Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser, damaged its propellers and spilled hydraulic oil into the water after running aground off the coast of Japan.

The incident, which occurred Tuesday while the ship was anchoring in Tokyo Bay near Yokosuka, Japan, did not result in any injuries to US or Japanese personnel, but the discharge of up to 1,100 gallons of hydraulic oil prompted environmental concerns.

"The Navy is cooperating with the Government of Japan and Local Japanese Coast Guard in response to this issue and is exhausting all options to minimize impacts to the environment," according to a statement from Kyoko Sugita, a US Navy spokesperson...