Park It: Parking and Tailgating @ TCU

6 replies to this topic

#1 Friskyfrog

Friskyfrog
  • Founder
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Here is the link to the official school information regarding football parking: http://gofrogs.cstv....ay/parking.html

(maps and policies are included).

All stadium parking is reserved, so the only way to get in those lots is to purchase a pass from a season ticket holder.  There are several pay lots within walking distance (be advised that some of the churches and schools may not permit alcohol consumption on their property).

TFH posters can hopefully share their personal experiences with various lots below.

“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ― Mary Oliver

#2 PurpleDawg

PurpleDawg

The Sunshine Committee

• Members
  • 7,859 posts
  • LocationOregon City, OR

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Here's where we offer the best information on parking and tailgating for Horned Frog football games at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

The official site of TCU athletics has put together a great page of information devoted to parking, with additional tips, maps and info on cabs and bus routes. Also, here is the page devoted to directions to the TCU campus from just about anywhere you're coming from in the Fort Worth area. From the FortWorth.com website, here is their link to limo service companies who could give you a luxury lift to the games. You can also follow #tcugamedayparking on Twitter for live gameday parking information.

Parking in TCU lots adjacent to AGCS is reserved for season parking pass holders. There are a couple of pay lots at churches within walking distance to the stadium with a very limited number of game day spaces available, but these spaces go early so plan accordingly. (These lots may also have "no alcohol" policies.) Most off campus lots open three hours prior to kick-off. TCU lots open five hours before the kick.

TCU is surrounded by neighborhoods on all sides and this can make for some interesting challenges for traffic on narrow streets already crowded by student parking and made worse by temporary "no parking" signs erected on game days. Many residents in these neighborhoods sell parking spaces in their driveways and yards to game attendees, but expect to pay up to $50 per vehicle for very close parking. Some of the streets a little farther from the stadium do allow street parking, but these will come with a walk of up to one mile UPHILL if you park north or west of the stadium. The neighborhoods south and east of campus are on flatter ground.

Tailgating usually means BBQ and Tex-Mex at Horned Frog games. TCU fans are gracious hosts and you will most likely be invited in to join the party in progress. Your invitation chances improve if you're carrying a 12-pack of beverage with you. You will find the school's parking lot policies, which pertain to tailgating, at the bottom of this page. Don't forget to check out Frog Alley for other pre-game options.

TFH posters will jump in and give more information on parking and tailgating in this thread.

Welcome to TCU and GO FROGS!

Cool kids read TheFrogHorn.com for quality TCU sports message board talk.

#3 PurpleDawg

PurpleDawg

The Sunshine Committee

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Parking tips from Frog Fans:

~"I would suggest parking near the baseball field on the west or south west side."

~"Parking depends on how early you get to the game. If you wait until an hour before, your best bet will be on Berry St at Paschall High School and shuttle over. If you plan on getting there early and tailgating, then west of the baseball field on the grass is the best spot, but I would recommend you get there three hours before game time."

~"Parking at Paschall High and using the shuttle works great to get you to the game, but afterward it's a lost cause. You'll be waiting forever to get on a shuttle - and once you do it'll be mired in traffic. If you do decide to park at Paschall, be prepared to possibly walk back to your car (about two miles or so, I'd guess)."

~"I would park at the corner of Colonial Parkway and Country Club. Always parking there and it's less than a mile walk.  No charge to park on the street. There are lots that charge $10-$20 if you want to park closer. The shuttles are a pain and a long walk."

~"At the corner of Berry and Mcart, on your right, you will see a big parking lot. It's TCU owned. Park there. From there you can walk west across campus to the game. You might be able to find closer parking on the East side of University on campus as well."

~"You can park free at Travis Avenue Baptist Church and take a free shuttle bus that will take you near the stadium festivities."

~"Park in the Greek (Worth Hills) lot. It's free and it's right across the street from the stadium. No brainer."

~"You can park south of TCU in the neighborhood across Bellaire/Berry from the baseball stadium. There are usually spots on the streets, or you can park in the Albertsons' strip mall lot at the corner of Alton Road and Biddison. Plenty of spaces. It's free and you are only a three block walk from the paid lot 13." 

~"Park behind the old Stripling & Cox department store on Berry - free."

~"Be warned that the campus sits atop the higher ground above the Trinity River flood plain. If you decide to walk from the Courtyard by Marriott on University Drive, for example, it is a long, uphill slog for a good way. Some people get around better than others, so I'm just letting you know. Likewise, some of the neighborhoods to the west involve some long, uphill stretches. If uphill hiking is an issue, park to the south and have a long but flat walk."

#4 Formerly Known As RSF

Formerly Known As RSF

Reputed Al Queda Leader

• Members
  • 8,493 posts
  • LocationZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

Parking tips from Frog Fans:

~"You can park free at Travis Avenue Baptist Church and take a free shuttle bus that will take you near the stadium festivities."

I can recommend this one - I parked at Travis Avenue last year.  The shuttle to the game is fairly smooth.  Getting back to the lot after the game is understandably more tricky.  But you can't beat the price.

People are idiots.  Some just hide it better than others.

TheFrogHorn is not only a great TCU message board, but it is also high Omega-3 fatty acids and gluten-free.

#5 researchfrog

researchfrog
  • Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationBenbrook

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

Parking at McKinney Bible Church also works quite well. Before the game, I never had to wait more than 20 minutes for a bus. After the game, I never waited more than 45 minutes.

Also, one of the best routes to TCU (especially Paschal parking) from I-20 is to take the Granbury Road exit. Head north on Granbury Road. Turn left on W. Seminary Drive and then immediately turn right onto Granbury Road. Head north on Granbury and go straight as it turns into Forest Park. Paschal High School will be on the right.

Is the Worth Hills lot actually free or is that at risk of getting your car towed?

#6 PurpleDawg

PurpleDawg

The Sunshine Committee

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Parking lots open at 6:00am for the Southeastern Louisiana game on Saturday, September 7. Set your alarm clock early and bring the bacon and Bloody Marys! 

#7 frogtwang

frogtwang

My grass is BLUE.

• Members
  • 2,661 posts
  • LocationRight here.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

Kegs and eggs!
Pappy O'Daniel: I'll press your flesh, you dimwitted sumbitch! You don't tell your pappy how to court the electorate. We ain't one-at-a-timin' here. We're MASS communicating!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users